This post may contain paid and/or affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.. em>
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! I love Valentine’s Day for two reasons: It’s all about love and because my daughter was born the day after, so I had a Valentine’s Day baby. To me, I feel like Valentine’s Day should be every day and it needs to say love day. I want to give some encouragement to those of you who are single as well. I will be sharing with you 10 ideas of ways that you can show love to your spouse.
10 Date Ideas for Couples on Valentine’s Day
- Go out to dinner. It doesn’t have to be really expensive, just as long as the both of you enjoy each other’s company. Think about what is your hubby’s or wife’s favorite place to go out to eat.
- Have a backyard date. Cook your favorite meal and go out on the deck and have dinner with your favorite wine. This could be really special. Get creative.
- Get a babysitter for the night or a few hours. You can stay in and love on each other and watch your favorite movies or make your own movie (LOL). I recall once where we paid our babysitter to watch the kiddos for a few hours while we went out to eat.
- Double date with some of your closest couple friends. Make it a group night of love. Each couple bringing a dish or everybody chipping in on the food bill.
- Go to a concert. If there is a favorite singer coming to town during Valentine’s Day, grab your tickets early and you two go have a night out on the town.
- Surprise each other. Instead of doing your usual for Valentine’s Day, go out and get something out of the blue just because and this way, it will really be a night to remember. (examples: make him/her a CD full of love songs that has a message, get him his favorite dessert or buy her a great lingerie outfit)
- Send A love note to his/her job. Give directions on what they should do, like put on your favorite dress and meet me at this location. Send a note to his job asking him to wear that cologne that you love him to wear.
- Make his favorite dinner. While hubby is still at work, cook his favorite dinner and put your best lingerie on and stand by his plate. (don’t go half on a baby tonight LOL)
- Have an Indoor Picnic. Yes, they are so much fun! I did them with Eric and the kiddos and we always had a ball. Especially when the kiddos were asleep.
- Be creative: Here’s where you can do whatever your heart’s desire. Sit down tonight and think of your hubby and jot down at least five new things that you would like to explore with him. Pick one and rock it out.
I hope this article helps you to realize that you are enough and you deserve to be love all 365 days of the year. If this article has helped you, would you do me a favor and share this with your friends and family?