This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission) at zero cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details..
Hey hey, you guys! I’ve been getting a lot of questions lately about remote jobs that offer hourly wages and possibly some benefits; well today, I will be sharing with you fifteen companies that offer hourly wages. I know what it feels like to want to work from home and be with your kids, but also have that stability and security that consistent money will continue to come in. See, I started my entrepreneurial journey back in 2009 and I have done a lot of things to make money along the way.
You name it and I have probably already done it. As far back as I can remember, I’ve always found ways to make money, whether it was selling penny candy with my late granny, baking cakes, selling girl scout cookies, or selling my typing skills. So, when I say I understand, I totally do understand. Right now, it’s just me and my two kids and I have to make sure we are always secured financially.
A lot of misconceptions come up when you say you want to work from home; I can tell you all kinds of horror stories of when I got scammed, during my early years as a mompreneur. I wanted so desperately to work from home and be with my toddlers at the time, that I tried just about anything. I remember being scammed out of $350 and it was all I had at the time; I cried like a baby because I didn’t do my research; So, today, I want to take the fear and worry from you because I have done the research to find legitimate companies who are hiring and possibly offer hourly wages and benefits. Now, again, please also do your research as well so you can choose the right companies for you.
10 Companies That Offer Hourly Wages
- TTEC: This company hires at-home customer service representatives. The pay for this type of position starts at around $12/hour. I can vouch for this company because I recently just finished a project with them. If you don’t like to be on the phone, this job might not be for you. That was my issue, I got tired of being on the phone and sometimes having to deal with rude and just nasty members. I get it and I understand that some of the customers were upset, not per se me, but to deal with this on a daily basis was just too much. But, check them out, it might be a great fit for you.
- Apple: Apple hires work at home advisors who are good with technology and their apple products. Now the good thing about them is they provide you with the equipment that you need and its paid training. The pay can vary
- Pearson: They provide students and educators software and IT support. Kinda like you can work from home being a test scorer, statistic tutor, or grade tests like the ACT, or Writing Tutor.
- Amazon: Amazon is always hiring for at-home customer service representatives. They even hire for delivers who delivers prime packages to the community. (They are hiring right now for remote digital devices and Alexa support assistant position)
Some other related posts
- 10 companies that are always hiring moms
- How to make money with blogging
- 20 Things I’ve Done to make extra money
- 45 Ways to make extra money
- How to start your business in 2020
- Kaplan: They are looking for more educational professions to help with exam prep instructors when students are preparing for SAT, LSAT, MCAT, etc.
- Kelly Services. This is a staffing agency where they place individuals with companies that are hiring. There are various types of positions available, but keep in mind, some of these only hires within the United States.
- United Healthcare Group: This company is all about the healthcare industry and they offer a variety of jobs; examples are: customer service reps, telecommute project infertility managers.
- K12: This is an online school and I personally know about them because when I homeschooled my kids. They were always hiring for remote teaching jobs, curriculum writers; I do know they have the training and monthly meetings that you might have to travel to. But most of the positions are full time.
- ADTRAV travel management: This is a company that helps other businesses travel more efficiently. They also offer remote jobs including travel agents, virtual after hour travel agents and telecommute VIP travel agents.
- Connection Academy: Again just like K12 is an online virtual school that allows students to learn from home. They offer virtual teaching positions, principals and other teacher’s aid type remote jobs.
If you are looking to work from home as a Remote Customer Service Rep, you will need a quiet location that is noise-free so your calls will not be interrupted. I have been working from home off and on since 2009 and I can recommend some office equipment that has worked for me. Please hear me when I say you will definitely need a comfortable chair because I can’t tell you how much your back will hurt when you are sitting for hours in an uncomfortable chair.
- Comfortable Office Desk Chair
- Noise Free USB Headset
- Small Home Office Desk
- Dell Dual Screen Computer Bundle
- HP Laptop
I hope this list helps you on your journey to finding the right remote job that works best for you and your household. Remember, to do all the research that you can so that you make sure its the right fit for you. Keep checking back to these sites as often as possible because these virtual positions fill up fast. Everybody nowadays is looking for ways to work from home and not have to commute to work on a daily basis. If you are looking to start your business, you can also take my FREE 7-day email course
Related business startup posts
- How I started my business with less than $100
- How to start a diaper cakes business
- How to start your business in 6 easy steps
- 5 ways you can make money offering your services
- How to start your proofreading business
QUESTION: What companies have you worked for and how was your experience? LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW: