This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission) at zero cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details..
I’ve been talking about how to make money at home since my kiddos were in diapers.
Around the time I started my entrepreneurial journey, I had two babies, a new husband, and an assistant secretary job at a local hospital where I was barely making ends meet.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Then a couple of years ago, I really got serious about finding more ways to make extra money.
Making extra money can change your family’s lifestyle and livelihood that will give you the freedom to:
- Pay off those credit card bills
- Pay off your car note
- Help you build up your emergency fund
- Purchase a new home
- Take regular family vacations
- Pay off those student loans and so much more
If you are wondering “How to make extra money?” then let’s get this party started.
Related posts on how to make extra money
- 20 Work at home jobs
- 45 more ways to make extra money
- 5 ways to make money from your crafts
- 5 Steps to start selling your crafts as a business
- 6 Freelance professions that allow you to work from home
- How to make money with your blog
Start A Side Business — 30 Ways to Make Extra Money
Starting a business can be an easy way to make extra money especially when you are doing something you love.
- Start your business today. While I was working as an administrative assistant, I started my business on the side and started generating income right away selling my diaper cakes. This is how I started making money from home. You can grab the best tools for starting your business here. You can start your business for under $100 bucks and I show you how to get started with your business in my FREE 7-Day Business startup mini course below:
2. Babysit. You can babysit your neighbor’s kids or family members. I recommend you try care.com because when my children were smaller, we would get babysitters from them. They do background checks on all their employees.
3. Drive for Uber. You can get paid to be like a taxi cab for people. Why not earn extra money just taking people to their destination. Get signed up with Uber here!
4. Have yard sales. Any gently or unused items lying around your house. You can check your local papers. Sometimes they have neighborhood garage and yard sales.
5. Have a bake sale. If you love to cook, sell your pies and cookies.
6. Teach online. You can sign up at VIPKid.com You can teach for 7 hours or so twice per week or as many hours as you like.
7. Teach at your local community college. If you have a degree in a certain field, put your degree to work.
8. Clean houses. Believe it or not, you will be surprised at how much other moms just need a break. You can sign up at care.com and find homes that need to be cleaned and some of them start at $25/hour. So if you do maybe 3 hours at 4 hours that’s an extra $300 that you can add to your savings account. This is one of the easiest ways to make money from home!
9. Pet sit. Do you love animals? House sit your neighbor’s pets while they are out of town. You can find jobs at care.com and pick the one that’s right for you.
10. Do hair on the side. Do you love doing hair? braiding, relaxers, etc. Get paid for your talents. I remember growing up as a kid, my friends, and mama used to pay me to do their hair. I use to bring in about $200 every month.
12. Web designer. Love designing websites? make extra money doing that. You can sell your services on a site called Fiverr.com and start earning money right away once your account is approved. I must admit, I have used fiverr.com for years in my business.
13. Rent out a spare bedroom. Have an extra room, rent out a room for a college student. You can list an ad on Craigslist about the room that you have for rent. Post it and check back. We have bought furniture and just about everything off of craigslist and have sold a ton of stuff as well.
14. Detail & wash cars. I don’t know about you, but I will gladly pay $20 bucks to wash my jeep.
Find A Part-Time Job To Make Extra Money
15. Work a call center job at home. I have worked with several companies in the past. You can find out the top work at home jobs here.
16. Work at fast-food restaurants. Places like Wendys, McDonald’s, and Burger kings are always hiring.
17. A part-time job at retail stores. JCPenney’s, Target, and Ross are some to name a few.
18. Home Nurses Aide. You can check Care.com and your local area for places hiring CNAs and personal aides. You can find all types of jobs via this site. Babysitting, pet sitting, house cleaning and so much more.
19. Makeup Artist. If you love makeup, you can teach makeup tutorials/workshops, or you can work in stores like Ulta, Nordstrom, and Mac cosmetics.
20. Event planner. Love and have an eye for details? Host parties and plan weddings.
21. Clip and teach people how to coupon. If you love to coupon and know it really well, teach classes and you can even get paid to shop for other people. If you are new to couponing, grab my Extreme couponing course here!
22. Shop online through ebates. Since you are already shopping online, gain some cashback. you can get $10 free just by signing up. sign up via my affiliate link here!
23. My Resources page. You can always check out my resource page with all my favorite tools and sites that I love to use in my business and life.
I hope these ideas give you some inspiration on your journey of finding the side hustle that works best for you. I hope this post blesses you and if you found value, please share this with your family and friends.
QUESTION: Which one of these side hustles will you try? LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW
Updated February 23, 2020. Originally posted on January 2, 2018