This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission) at zero cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details..
I have been a work from home mama since 2009 and I have learned a few things along my journey. The thing I want you to really understand about working at home is you have to do what works best for your household and not worry about what anyone else has to say. When I first started my journey to being a stay at home mom, I was a freshly new wife and mom and boy let me tell you, I wasn’t ready as I thought I would be with two toddlers on my hip and a very outgoing hubby. I had watched my mom growing up as a kid, handle motherhood and marriage like a pro, so in my mind, I said I got this. No one told my little brain that it would be a ton and ton of work. FYI, anything worth having, you have to fight and do the work. At the time, I was working as an Administrative Assistant at a local hospital barely making ends meet, and to think of it, I think I was just making minimum wage. Now, don’t get me wrong, I was grateful because I was able to contribute to our monthly household bills.
When I tell you I drove my family crazy especially when it came to me doing things that I loved to do. My wants and needs got put on the back burner because I had to pay childcare. There were no more getting my hair done, nor was there any regular shopping spree. Getting used to working at home with my kiddos, was one job that took me a long while to find my rhythm and when I did, I took it ran with it. I want to share with you some of the benefits of working from home.
5 Benefits Of Working From Home
- You have control over how your children are raised. Now we were very adamant about what and who taught our kids. I got tired of paying my entire check to childcare and not having hardly any money left over. Also, you can make sure they are taught the word of God because now in schools, they seem to skip over anything that mentions God and his word.
- Set your own schedule. Instead of having to clock in at a 9-5 investor, you can dictate how your day will go. Now, I will say that, if your 9-5 investor is keeping the bills paid, and a roof over your head, please don’t allow anyone to tell you to quit your job.
Grab my free time management cheat sheet guide. Download it here!
- You determine when you get up. What I mean is, if you wanted to sleep in an extra hour or two, you don’t have to beat yourself up about it. Now, what I did, was fix my family lunch the night before, that way all I had to do was grab it in the morning. I would see him off to work, get me and kiddos breakfast ready and then I would go back to bed. I usually always got up at 4:30 am, to have an hour alone and read and pray before the rumble of the day began.
- You can work hours that fit your lifestyle. If you are a morning person like myself, you can choose to work in the morning say 8- 12 PM, then the rest of the day is up to you. Or say, you are a night owl, you can get your family situated and in bed, then burn the late night oil.
- Make as much money as possible. Depending on how hard of a worker you are, you can make as much money as you want. But the key is to find something that you love doing and won’t interrupt your daily routine.
Some related articles
- 20 extra ideas to work from home
- 20 Work at home jobs to consider
- 75 Extra ways to make extra income
What I know for sure is you will definitely need some extra time management skills for real! I can recall a many of days that I was going and going and going like a little energizing bunny only to realize that I hadn’t showered or cooked dinner. So busy cleaning and running behind toddlers, cleaning dirty diapers that I forgot until my special aroma hit me. Has that ever happened to you? If you are struggling with balancing work and family and need a better way to manage your time, grab my FREE time manage cheat sheet guide. Click here!
I hope this post helps you on your journey to working from home! Be sure to tune in this week, via Instagram as I start my “Working From Home” Series. I’m sure you will learn a lot of beneficial information. Invite your mommy friends. M-TH at 8 PM CST. @mommiemaven
P.S. Make sure you follow me on Instagram!
The Mommy Maven