This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission) at zero cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details..
I see this all the time, moms start their business and they price their products and services so low that they are practically giving it away. They are home with their children but they also want to make money as well. Oh here is another one, you are a church gal and you feel guilty about charging for your consultations and services. I have seen everything under the sun and it makes me sick to my stomach. I know at the beginning days of my business, I was giving away tons of free stuff including a three-tier diaper cake (and you know a box of diapers is around twenty-five dollars)
You teach your audience what to expect from you. And I certainly trained my audience to always want free stuff. Now, don’t get me wrong, you have to give away some things, but giving away the whole cow is unacceptable when you are trying to make extra money. So, I want to share with you five reasons why you keep giving away your products and services for free:
- You are afraid of rejection.. yep you fear that people will tell you no. You are afraid that they will not be interest in what you have to say
- You are not pricing your products correctly: You just put a price on it whether it is what you are worth or not, you just want a quick sale
- You worry too much about what other people will think of you: yep this one right here is keeping a lot of you broke and living in a fantasy world of an expensive hobby
- You think that you will lose your audience if you start charging for your services. Newsflash, people that need what you have to say, will gladly pay you for it. When people see that you are the solution to their problem, they will gladly take out their wallets.
- Lastly, you think if you don’t give away your stuff, people won’t know, like or trust you. Wrong, it’s okay to give away a few things as long as it is of value; but giving it all away is ridiculous.
I hope this was an eye opener for some of you that it’s time to start charging what you are worth. If you are ready to start pricing your products and services correctly and break up with the FREEBIE party, then I invite you to sign up for my upcoming teleseminar: How To Charge What You Are Worth. Get more details now!