This post may contain paid and/or affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.. em>
Everybody is talking about happiness and being happy and full of joy. It is true what they say that “your happiness is your responsibility”. To me happiness, at the age of forty-one looks totally different from my twenty year old self. Life can be amazing and really it’s what you make of it. Over these last few years, I’ve experienced so much joy and its coming from the unlikely places. These days, I find myself getting excited by watching Home decor on YouTube or playing makeup with my daughter. I’ve also learned how to build extreme action figures with my son and to listen to him explain all of it to me, brings me so much joy! (Most days I have no clue what he’s talking about but I listen LOL) See, when you get my age, a lot of stuff that use to upset me or I found myself getting worried about, does not phase me one bit. Life is too short and precious to give my focus and attention to crazy stuff.
I’m going to share with you five things that you can do to increase your JOY & HAPPINESS. So, sit back and relax and enjoy these few tips:
5 Things to increase your Happiness
- Figure out what’s causing you pain. What is it that’s got you so worried? Is it a person, place, or thing? When you dig deeply and get to the root cause of your pain, I promise you, your joy will start to rise up on the inside of you. It’s going to require you to be honest with yourself and give yourself some grace.
- Find some things that brings you joy. Ask yourself what makes you happy? Take a chance on some new hobbies and figure what you like in this season of your life.
- Switch up your usual routines. If you always travel one direction to work or play, switch it up a bit. You never know how beautiful God’s creations are unless you take the time to look up.
- Read a new book. Reading brings so much joy to my life especially when I’m learning and it’s something that interest me. I could spend all day at Barnes & Noble.
- Travel more. When was the last time you traveled to a new location? Go have some fun and experience something new. You never know what doors God will open up for you.
QUESTION: Tell me in the comments below: What makes you happy?