This post may contain paid and/or affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.. em>
We all have had our fair share of disappointments and have done things in our past that we would care to forget right? I can tell you a thing or two about learning and move forward from your past. See, your past is where you learned the valuable lessons and your right now and your future is where you teach what you have learned. The thing that stings the most about your past is, you will have times where family and friends would care to remind you about way back then and I will discuss that a little later. But, for now, let’s focus on getting over your past.
5 Tips To Get Over Your Past
- Change your perspective on your situation: It took me years to do this one thing because, at one point in my life, I was so hurt and filled with guilt and shame that all I did was worry my pretty little head off. I didn’t want people to know how hurt and broken I was. But just a few short years ago, I got a new perspective on it and it has made all the world of a difference in my life.
- Ask God What Is It that he wants you to learn: See, instead of asking God why this had to happen to me, change it and see what you are supposed to learn. Because every experience has a lesson hidden inside of it if you are open to it.
- Realize that there is nothing you can do to change it: We all wish we had a magic wand to wave and make it not happen, but the truth of it, is that you can’t change it. The only thing you can do is to do better the next time something similar occurs.
- Stop talking about it. Yep, I said it: Sometimes the reason why you can’t get over a thing is that you keep speaking about it, reliving it over and over again in your mind. You have to get to a point in your life that you silence the negative voices in your head.
- Let it go and accept it for what it is: When you are tired and sick and tired of your own mess, that is when you will decide to take another direction. Sometimes, you like to play the victim and tell everybody about it because you want a pity party.
I hope these few tips help you to realize that at this very moment is all that matters to you and your future looks ten times better than your past. Please share this with your friends and family if this has been helpful to you.
QUESTION: What do you need to let go of so your future self will thank you for? Leave me a comment