This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission) at zero cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details..
I have seen my fair share of scams throughout my journey as a work at home mom! I was so eager to make money at home that I was trying any and all things. I mean I have some horror stories for you, but just for another day. I wanted to warn you about some of the things to avoid when starting your journey as a work at home mama. Now, this journey can be great but you just have to take all necessary precautions at any cost! So, grab a glass of wine and come on a journey with me!
Working at home can be a blast! More freedom, more time with your kiddos and all sorts of entertaining. But if you don’t avoid these scams, it can be a nightmare! I recall being scammed out of $350. Now, that might not sound like a lot to you, but when you only have one income, that’s a lot of money. It took forever for me to get my money back; plus on top of overdraft fees and other things. Please take your time and research any company that you are thinking about working for. Check the Better Business Bureau for reviews and other things listed about the company.
5 Ways To Avoid WAHJob Scams
- Asking for your personal information: If any company is asking you for money and your personal banking information. That right there is a red flag. I can’t tell you how many times I fell for this one trick. Some of these people can sound so convincing.
- Verify the company. One great place I always check is the Better Business Bureau (BBB+). Google them to find out about previous customers and their experiences.
- Sending you interview via chats: I mean that one right there, really. You can’t schedule a phone interview? Please be aware of this
- Check their website: If there is no obvious sign of any kind of website or social media profile, I wouldn’t even bother.
- No contact information: You can’t find a phone number or email (legitimate), there there is another red flag.
Other posts you might like
- 7 Non-Phone Jobs To Work From Home
- 5 Ways to make money as a Virtual Assistant
- 10 Remote Companies That Pay Hourly Wages
- 10 Best Side Hustles That Pays $500-$1000 Monthly
Conclusion: I hope this post blesses you in some way! My prayer is that you take your time when searching for work at home jobs. Ask in mom forums and Facebook groups to see if other moms have actually worked for the company you have in mind. If you know of family and friends who might need this, would you please share this? Have an amazing day and leave me a comment below.
QUESTION: Have you encountered any scams and how did you recover?
Love & Prosperity,