This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission) at zero cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details..
There is a saying that people teach others how to treat them. No matter what has gone on in your life or how others might view you, you have to get to a point where you start to think more highly of yourself in a healthy way. Having a high self esteem about yourself is not that you are being cocky, it’s just that if you don’t believe in yourself, who will? I can say from experience, that however ever way you feel about yourself via it good or bad will manifest in every area of your life. When you change how you view yourself and change your perspective about your previous experience, your esteem will begin to increase.
Today, I find it so necessary for you to understand that what you believe to be true about yourself matters more than any other opinions of anyone else. You have two ears and one mouth for a reason. Start monitoring what’s going on inside of your mind and what’s coming out of your mouth. Below, I will share with you five ways to help you believe that you are enough:
- Believe you deserve the best: There are all kinds of amazing people and things in this world that’s waiting on you to show up and grab a piece of the pie. When you start to believe this one truth, your life will begin to shift in such an amazing direction that your joy will start to rise up in you like never before.
- The truth will set you free: Begin to believe what God says about you in his word. God’s word says that you are wonderfully and fearfully made. The word also says you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation and God’s special possession. Read 1st Peters 2:9 and Psalms 139:14
- Your identity is found only in God: If you are seeking approval and validation from people, you will be disappointed every time. Other people’s opinion of you is none of your business and once you start to realize this one fact, you will be able to enjoy your life more.
- Your life matters: Quit thinking that you have to shrink back and allow other people to run all over you. You have a voice and your voice matters too. If you don’t start speaking up for yourself, you will become a doormat to others to use and abuse you. If something is not right, speak up and stand up for yourself.
- Your are forgiven: Quit beating yourself up about things you have done in your past. Once you have confessed your sins to God and turned your life back towards him, stop holding yourself hostage to your past. You will never be able to receive all that God has for you by holding on to unforgiveness in your heart.
I hope these tips bless you and help you realize that you are more than enough and you deserve to walk in your authority. Please share this with your family and friends!
QUESTION: What is keeping you from believing that you are enough? Leave me a comment below: