This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission) at zero cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details..
Are you new to starting a blog? Blogging can be a rewarding and exciting way to build your tribe online. I started my blogging journey back when my kids were still in diapers and pull-ups. I will admit, I was clueless when I started my blog and to be honest, I started as a way for me to talk about my experience as being a new mom and wife. I needed an outlet to talk about my frustrations and everyday struggles with balancing it all. Even though I have been blogging since 2009, I have recently within the last few years started making money from blogging.
If you are new to the blogging world, I would highly recommend that you take into consideration whether or not this will be an entertaining or money-making blog. I will share with you five easy and helpful steps that you can do when starting your blog. Also, if you are interested in learning how to start a blog, I created a list of very useful tools to use especially the exact hosting company that is working wonders for me and with Siteground, you can get started with only $3.95 per month.
- How to start a blog
- How to make money on your blog
- How to start a blog with Siteground
- 30+ Ways to make extra money
5 Helpful tips for new bloggers
- Be True To Yourself. I can’t tell you enough about how important it is for you to be authentic. With the social media world and the microwavable world, it’s easy for people to be fake and wear various masks. I think being authentic is the best and only way to be. I always say that the people who you are meant to serve will gravitate towards your personality and information.
- Respond back to your readers. I have seen it time and time again where I or someone else will respond or leave a reply to a blog post and you wouldn’t hear anything from them. I can tell you first hand, I won’t return to their blog. I think it is plain right rude, to ignore your followers.
- Have a sign-up form. Have a place where your readers can get to know you and keep in touch with you. Also, make it visible and easy for your readers to find it. Start with above the fold, right at eye level or at the top of your sidebar.
- Pick a niche/theme. Decide what your blog will be about and stick with it. Don’t say your blog is about shoes and fashion but when your followers come to your blog, it’s about exercising.
- Be consistent. If you are going to make your blog stand out from the rest, you must blog on a consistent basis. Don’t blog this week, and then disappear for an entire month. Allow your readers to get to know you and get in the habit of visiting your blog for great content.
- Have Fun. Whatever you decide to blog about making sure it’s something that you love and something you can easily share knowledge about. But most importantly, have fun and let your personality come through. Pretty soon, your readers will begin to get to know and love you!
QUESTION: What tips would you share with a new mommy blogger? Comment and let me know