This post may contain paid and/or affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.. em>
How to practice self-care during hard times can be really difficult to achieve if you allow your mind to wander off to the negative world. This last week or so has been one full of self-reflection and seeing things from a different perspective. I can tell you that my food has been leaving as fast as I restock the fridge. Now, that my kids have been home all week, honey, it’s hard to keep food in the house. Not to mention snacks. I purchase more snacks on Friday of last week and by Saturday, all of them were gone. Yep, my kids are not babies anymore, them buggers can eat for real. We’ve had to get really creative since having them at home all day.
We have been watching Meet The Browns back to back episodes and when I tell you, I have laughed so hard until I almost peed my pants (don’t give me that side-eye; as you get older, you can’t hold water as you use to LOL) While they are doing school work, I have been really getting a ton of work done in my business. It almost feels funny having them at home all day long. Baking cookies and crushing ice have become one of our often routines. I have been trying to stay positive for the sake of myself and my kids. No need to have my kids upset and more afraid. Today, I’m going to share with you seven ways to practice self-care during hard times.
7 Ways To Practice Self Care During Hard Times
- Turn off the News: The news will have you only focusing on the worst. I’ve never been a really big fan of watching the news. Even before this happened, I would watch the news maybe once per week. Besides, I have a mother who calls me daily to give me the 411 on what’s happening. If you can, limit the amount of time you spend watching the news.
- Drink lots of water: Make sure you are drinking lots of water and staying hydrated. It’s very important to make sure you taking care of your body. Remember, you only get one body. It is said that you should drink at least eight glasses of water per day.
Related posts you will love:
- 22 Self Care Tips for stay at home moms
- 10 Self Care products every mom needs
- How to manifest your dreams and live your life
- How to show love to yourself
- Read something positive: This can be the word of God, a devotional, or just anything positive. I know since having all this time inside, I’ve been spending more time in the word and journaling. I highly recommend you give journaling a try. Below are some journals that I think you will love:
- Get a new perspective on life: Since the Coronavirus been in full effect, I’ve been reflecting a lot about life and how fragile life is. When you start thinking about the things that truly matter, it gives you less time to worry about what’s going on in the world.
- Spend more quality time with your family: Communicate and love on your loved ones. Do some binge-watching with your kids. Play board games, bake cookies or do something fun.
- Pray, pray, and pray: No matter what’s going on in the world, know that God has not forgotten about you and nor does any of this surprise him. Keep talking to God and letting him know what’s on your heart.
- Get plenty of rest: With all this free time, make sure you are getting enough sleep. Don’t spend your nights all worried and frustrated. Stop worrying about things that you can not change.
Conclusion: My prayer is that each of your stays safe and love on your loved ones. Take care of yourself and remember that it’s important for you to practice self-care during these hard times. Use this time to get closer together with your loved ones. Count your blessings and be grateful for everything even the small things.
QUESTION: What are you doing to practice self-care? LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW: