Are you frustrated with not making enough money in your service-based business? Does it seem like everybody else is making money online but you? Today, I want you to sit back and relax and be opened to learning something new. I have been in business for almost ten years now and I know all too well about struggling to make money. I know, if you are like me, you desire to have freedom and spend more time with your family! Am I right? I have a few ways that has worked for me since becoming a mompreneur. I’m going to give you five ways that you can leverage your expertise and knowledge so you can in return get paid. Continue reading “5 Ways You Can Make Money Offering Your Services”
Have you been blogging for some while now but you have hit a stand still? Does coming up with new material seem very frustrating? It’s been 9 years since I started blogging and I will be the first one to say that it has its highs and lows. Well, I want to share with you a few things you can do to keep your blog updated with new content and most importantly, valuable content for your readers. Continue reading “5 Tips To Keep The Momentum When Blogging Gets Overwhelming”
How to start your blog with five easy steps. Blogging to me is the new rave and it’s been around for years and years and years. I do believe that it will continue to be around for many more years to come. I have been blogging now for nine years and I can tell you, I wish I had known some of the things I know now then. I started blogging to speak about the many ups and downs of being a stay at home wife/mom. When you are a stay at home mom, sometimes the only communication you have with adult humans are in the form of social media. Besides, having your little people running around the house, you pretty much just feel like a big kid and a worn out mama, right?
I want to give you the simplified version of how to start a blog in fifteen minutes or less. You can also watch my how to start a blog video tutorial here! I’m going to share with you five ways to start your blog today in no time. Are you ready? Let’s get started!
- Choose your hosting company. I recommend you go with a hosting company where you can host your own blog. When I began my blogging journey years ago, I started with blogger and while they might be free, they own your content and if something were to happen to their site, guess what, all of your content is gone as well. So I recommend you get started with WordPress.org and go with Siteground. You want to have a place where your audience can come and learn more about you. Your blog is like your brick and mortal except it’s virtual. You can sign up with my affiliate link for only $3.95 per month.
2.Purchase your domain. If you haven’t already purchased your domain, you can get ono right with Siteground. You can get a domain name for $14.95/year. I always purchase for two years so I won’t forget to pay it when it’s due.
3. Install your WordPress. With Siteground, it’s as easy as eating pie. It’s a one-click install WordPress step. Their customer service department is 24/7 and they usually respond within the hour. I love their chat support because I want my help right now. LOL
Related blog posts
4. Pick your theme. I like to keep it simple; especially when just starting out. Once you have installed WordPress, you will go to appearance and click on add new theme. WordPress has hundreds of themes already preloaded, so just choose one that will have the beautiful look that you desire and you are ready to go.
5. Choose your plugins. In order for your WordPress blog to work, you must have certain plugins to make it function to the fullest. You can see a list of the plugin at how to start a blog with Siteground.
Start your blog with my 5 easy stepsClick To Tweet
Question: What are some tips you would share with newbie bloggers? Comment below:
Are you new to starting a blog? Blogging can be a rewarding and exciting way to build your tribe online. I started my blogging journey back when my kids were still in diapers and pull-ups. I will admit, I was clueless when I started my blog and to be honest, I started as a way for me to talk about my experience as being a new mom and wife. I needed an outlet to talk about my frustrations and everyday struggles with balancing it all. Even though I have been blogging since 2009, I have recently within the last few years started making money from blogging.
If you are new to the blogging world, I would highly recommend that you take into consideration whether or not this will be an entertaining or money-making blog. I will share with you five easy and helpful steps that you can do when starting your blog. Also, if you are interested in learning how to start a blog, I created a list of very useful tools to use especially the exact hosting company that is working wonders for me and with Siteground, you can get started with only $3.95 per month.
- How to start a blog
- How to make money on your blog
- How to start a blog with Siteground
- 30+ Ways to make extra money
5 Helpful tips for new bloggers
- Be True To Yourself. I can’t tell you enough about how important it is for you to be authentic. With the social media world and the microwavable world, it’s easy for people to be fake and wear various masks. I think being authentic is the best and only way to be. I always say that the people who you are meant to serve will gravitate towards your personality and information.
- Respond back to your readers. I have seen it time and time again where I or someone else will respond or leave a reply to a blog post and you wouldn’t hear anything from them. I can tell you first hand, I won’t return to their blog. I think it is plain right rude, to ignore your followers.
- Have a sign-up form. Have a place where your readers can get to know you and keep in touch with you. Also, make it visible and easy for your readers to find it. Start with above the fold, right at eye level or at the top of your sidebar.
- Pick a niche/theme. Decide what your blog will be about and stick with it. Don’t say your blog is about shoes and fashion but when your followers come to your blog, it’s about exercising.
- Be consistent. If you are going to make your blog stand out from the rest, you must blog on a consistent basis. Don’t blog this week, and then disappear for an entire month. Allow your readers to get to know you and get in the habit of visiting your blog for great content.
- Have Fun. Whatever you decide to blog about making sure it’s something that you love and something you can easily share knowledge about. But most importantly, have fun and let your personality come through. Pretty soon, your readers will begin to get to know and love you!
QUESTION: What tips would you share with a new mommy blogger? Comment and let me know
Disclaimer: There are affiliate links used throughout this post. But rest assured, I only suggest things or services that I used or been referred to.
Hey Hey, lovelies! Are you looking for ways to save money quickly? Well, You are at the right party.
It’s the new year and it’s a great time to start some new habits surrounding your money.
It’s always a great idea to live below your means so I’m going to share with you some quick tips to save money very easily.
There could be a number of reasons why you want to save money this year: maybe you are saving up for your new home or maybe you just need to save your first thousand dollars for your emergency fund; whatever the case may be, it’s never too late to start a new habit.
Learning how to budget and saving money quickly will never get old and to start your kids while they are young with how to save money is always a plus in my book. Today I’m going to be sharing with you some of the tips that have been working for me.
So are you ready to learn how to save money quickly, great let’s have some fun!
15 Ways To Save Money Quickly
- Don’t eat out much. If you do, try to go when kiddos can eat free
- Take your lunch to work. Avoid spending crazy money on vending machines and restaurants.
- Eliminate your cable bill
- Get the lowest plan on your cell phone company
- Use coupons to grocery shop
- $5 Meal plan. You can get meals sent directly to your house. Get more details here!
- Carpool to work and split the gas bill.
- Stay home with your kids instead of paying a sitter
- Sell used items on eBay
- Have a garage sale. Sell your gently and used items
- Sell your items on craigslist
- Shop online through ebates and start earning cash back. Sign up through my affiliate link here
- Pay your bills on time to avoid late fees.
- Cut back on your hair appointment
- Eliminate your monthly business expenses. Check to see where you are spending monthly payments but not getting a return on your investment
- Put 10% of your weekly earnings into a savings account where you can’t get to easily.
More related articles for saving money
- Making money through your online store
- 5 Ways to make money from your crafts
- 3 Ways to cut your grocery bill in half
- How to save money with couponing