I know a lot of you are rather shy when it comes to ways to make extra income especially if you are rather a shy or to yourself type of gal. I can’t really say that I’m an introvert because I’m goofy and silly and I am very outgoing! I love making things happen and I love to laugh and I mean laugh a lot. You’re probably saying LaTersa, I would rather just be behind the scenes and not be so much in the public’s view. Being all out in the forefront is not everybody’s cup of tea and I wanted to make sure I shed some light on the topic at hand. Also to let you mommies know that you are not alone and that you can make extra income from home as well. Continue reading “7 Ways To Make Extra Income As An Introvert”
Today, I’m interviewing a work from home mom who is doing some amazing things. I met Holly when I started my diaper cakes business years ago. She is and continues to be very resourceful when it comes to finding legitimate work at home jobs, leads and etc. I’m grateful that she took the time out of her busy schedule as a wife and mom and all the other tasks that need her attention. I can tell you from experience that being a work from home mom is no walk in the park, but it can be done with the right system in place and the right support system. Every other Friday, I will be interviewing various moms who are making extra money by doing various work from home jobs and sharing tips with you how you can do the same! Continue reading “How One Work From Home Mom Is Making 6 Figures Annually”
Have you been blogging for some while now but you have hit a stand still? Does coming up with new material seem very frustrating? It’s been 9 years since I started blogging and I will be the first one to say that it has its highs and lows. Well, I want to share with you a few things you can do to keep your blog updated with new content and most importantly, valuable content for your readers. Continue reading “5 Tips To Keep The Momentum When Blogging Gets Overwhelming”
Making money as a Virtual Assistant is one of the best ways to make money from home. Hiring a virtual assistant is one of the ongoing things that mompreneurs and entrepreneurs do very often. I must say being an entrepreneur is a busy job to do and handling the back end of my business is something that I really don’t like doing. I made a commitment to myself in 2018 that I would not try to do everything in my business. My motto is stick to what I love doing best and that is teaching and speaking (motivating others) and let my VA handle the rest.
Before you dive full body into doing your business full time as a VA, I would suggest you take it slowly. Start out as a side business or maybe you are still working your 9-5 job and just want to test the water out. That would be my best recommendation. I will warn you that you should do your homework and search reputable companies that are hiring virtual assistants before you start handing over your resume.
Another word of advice, know what you can and cannot do is so very key. Make sure you have a great understanding of what the business owner needs are. I have had some bad experiences with VAs who on social media brag about what they can do and then I hired them and their work was horrible, so be careful.
5 Ways to make money as a Virtual Assistant
- Pinterest Virtual Assistant: You can make a good amount of money as a Pinterest Virtual Assistant because Pinterest seems to be the new hotness lately. You can schedule out your client’s pins, and create Pinterest boards and help keep their Pinterest boards relevant and up to date. You can schedule your boards on either Tailwind, Buffer
- Social Media Managment: You can do things like managing their social media pages on all their platforms, answer back to their fan’s and followers questions on sites including Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram and etc. You can schedule their tweets and post to their sites and manage their groups and communities. Use third-party apps like Buffer apps and Hootesuite
- Blog Managment: You can post articles on their blogs and websites. Clean up and update old blog posts. Make sure all their links to their blog posts are accurate and correct. Make sure their plugin and things are updated and working properly. Also, make sure they are using SEO keywords so they can rank in the search engine. What good is having a blog full of great content if nobody knows about it?
- Customer Service VA: This one will be great if you are a people’s person. You can answer the business calls during business hours. Email their clients and answer their questions. Follow up with clients who are in various coaching programs and help manage the owner’s calendar.
- Email Marketing VA: Maybe you are good at writing emails and setting up various campaigns, you can be responsible for sending out emails and creating various ways for their fans and clients to stay in touch with them.
- Technical VA: Now this one is a big one! If you love all things techy, you will love updating their websites and social media platforms with elegant banners and designs according to their theme and color scheme. If anything goes wrong with their blog/website, you can quickly solve their problem.
Some helpful resources for Virtual Assistants
- How to run a profitable virtual assistant business
- Benefits of being a virtual assistant
- How to make money on your blog
- 45 ways to make money
- 30 ways to make extra money
I hope this post is helpful to you! Would you do me a favor and share this with your mommy friends and family?
Are you ready to make some extra money? Who couldn’t use an extra $100 or even $1000 right? Well, ever since I was a kid, I always found ways to make money. What I finally realized is, I’ve always had the entrepreneurial mindset, I just didn’t know what to call it. Now that the holidays are over, I know a lot of you are looking to make extra money so you can increase your bank account. I’m very creative and a crafty gal at heart so some of these you might laugh at them, but trust me they work.
- Blogging. You can make money blogging. I make an extra $300-$500+ per month blogging and I’m expecting it to increase this year. There are lots of mommies and daddies out here making thousands of dollars and more. I can definitely show you how to start a blog. You can make money blogging in several ways like selling your own products and services or selling ad space on your blog, selling affiliate marketing and a tons more.
- Start your own business. You can start just about any online business and make money easily. The sky is no limit when it comes to making money in your business. I have a 7-Day Mini Business Startup Course that will walk you through how to start your business from the ground up.
- Sell your baked good (cakes, pies, cookies, etc.) As a teenager, I would sell my cakes and pies and make pretty good.
- Type reports (resumes, articles, blog posts)
- Sell your services on Fiverr
- Host garage sales
- Sell your crafts on sites like eBay, Etsy, or your own Shopify website
- Tutor online or offline (Vipkids)
- Host a workshop teaching couponing. I have been couponing for years now and I can show you how to save thousands of dollars in my Extreme Couponing Course.
- Sell your coupons.
- Sell Cans (coke products) As a kid, I would pick cans with my grandmother and sell them
- Virtual Assistant
- Sell MaryKay (In college, I sold MaryKay to keep gas money and other expenses)
- Become an Uber or Lyft driver
- Make Money with Ebates
- Teach cooking classes
- Do Hair
- Makeup artist
- Sell your used books
- Write blog posts and articles
- Babysit kids
- Pet Sitting
- Lawn services (mow lawns)
- Upholster used furniture
- Detail & wash cars/trucks
- Make Money On Your Blog
- Teach Fitness Class
- Teach Craft Classes (Think of what you love to create, then teach others how to do it for a fee)
- Social Media Manager
- Clean houses
- Do surveys (survey junkie, Swagbucks and etc.)
- Teach at your local community college (If you have a degree, let it work for you)
- Amazon FBA Program
- Amazon Associate
- Make money with affiliate marketing. You can make money with affiliate marketing online. You don’t need your own products to make money, you can sell other people’s products for a percentage. If you want to start with affiliate marketing, I highly recommend the course Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing (I took this class and I learned so much)
- Freelance Writer
- Freelance Proof Reader
- Website designer
- Use apps that pay you to shop (Ibotta, Ebates, Dosh)
- Become a Transcriber
- Sell your photos
- Become a Mystery Shopper. When my kids were much younger, I was a mystery shopper and I can show you how you can become one at Mystery Shopping 101 ebook! You can even go on dinner dates with your husband for free.
- Personal Shopper. You can put ads on craigslist or find jobs at care.com
- Become a consultant
- Rake leaves
More related articles
- 30+ Ways to make money
- How to make money on your blog
- 20 Work at home Jobs
- How to start your business
- 6 Freelance Professions that you can work from home
- 5 Ways to make money from your crafts
I hope this list gets your creative juices flowing so that you can make more money in 2018. Let me know some of the things you do to make extra money? Leave me a comment
Disclaimer: Some affiliate links might be used.