May is finally here and you know what they say: April showers brings May flowers. It just seems like this year is moving along quite quickly. Pretty soon, before you know it, the kiddos will be out for school. Well, now that my kiddos are older, I have more fun things that I can do that can also help me out around the house. There are tons of fun things that you can do with them. Continue reading “5 Fun Things To Do With Your Kids For The Summer”
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and that is not a time for you to be sad or feel like you not good enough because you are single. Honey, you still can have a great time and allow yourself the grace to go out and have a ball. I must say I still have to catch myself when men asking am I single?
Just because you are single, does not mean that you are cursed or anything like that. I want you to enjoy this day like any other day and know that you deserve to be loved just like any other human being. Don’t allow one day out of the year to lose sight on the other 364 days of the year that love surrounds you. Continue reading “5 Date Ideas For Singles on Valentines Day”
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! I love Valentine’s Day for two reasons: It’s all about love and because my daughter was born the day after, so I had a Valentine’s Day baby. To me, I feel like Valentine’s Day should be every day and it needs to say love day. I want to give some encouragement to those of you who are single as well. I will be sharing with you 10 ideas of ways that you can show love to your spouse. Continue reading “10 Date Ideals For Couples On Valentines Day”
Reading is so fundamental to our children’s well-being. I have picked some great books that I feel your little ones will enjoy reading. As a kid, you can learn and be exposed to so much so why not expose them to something positive and fun. Our children are our future. I hope your babies enjoy reading just a little bit more.
It is so important that we as parents teach our children about our heritage and the importance of knowing our culture. I enjoy teaching my babies our culture and family history.
Being that I have a daughter of color, it’s very important for me to teach her that her natural hair is beautiful. I love getting her books that has a young girl on the cover that resembles her.
It is said that children should read at least 1 hour per day outside of being at school. At my house, even if they don’t have homework, they are required to read something and sometimes, I request them to give me a two paragraph report. I also ask them questions as well!
QUESTION: What books are your kiddos reading now? leave me a comment below
Disclaimer: This post might contain affiliate links. Please refer to my disclosure.
It is less than one day before it’s 2018 and I’ve made up my mind that I’m getting healthier! Can I be honest with you? This year has been super amazing and adventurous and not to mention starting a new journey in my life. I have got on track, then I fell off and I started working out, then a week later I quit. It’s something about when you turn forty! I remember the days when I would kill to workout and jog around the trail. Now, the thought of working out, makes me cringe at the stomach. I know you as busy moms, stay at home moms, or mompreneurs, can relate to this emotional roller coaster? Well, I have a few tips that you can try going into the new year: Sit back and have a glass of wine and get ready for something new!
5 Ways for busy moms to get healthier
- Get honest with yourself. The first thing to do is admit to yourself where you are on your health journey and figure out how you got to where you are. Now, this is not a time to beat yourself up, but it’s a time of reflection.
- Move your body. I’m not saying you need to run a marathon, but a simple jog around your neighborhood or a little jump roping might not be a bad idea.
- Eating healthier: I know those wings are hard to put down, but instead of frying them, try baking them with a little lemon pepper. I found this great deal on healthy meal planning and I can’t wait to dive into it. I thought you might be in need of some new and easy recipes! Grab your meal planning bundle here!
- Drink lots of water: I know you would rather have your coffee and soda, but at least make sure you get 8 glasses of water. My favorite way to drink water is by adding a few slices of lemon in it.
- Put you on the calendar. We as moms get so busy taking care of others that we leave ourselves out of the equations. Start your new year off right with a new discovery of things you enjoy doing
I hope these few tips get you going in the right direction in the new year. Let me know some tips you will be incorporating into your life in the new year.
BONUS: If you purchase the healthy meal planning, I will gift you a FREE copy of my Extreme Couponing Ebook so you can learn how to coupon and get more healthy foods! Learn about the ebook here!
QUESTION: What will you be doing to become a healthier version of yourself?
Disclaimer: Some affiliate links are used throughout this post and other posts on the mommy maven’s blog.