I know a lot of you are rather shy when it comes to ways to make extra income especially if you are rather a shy or to yourself type of gal. I can’t really say that I’m an introvert because I’m goofy and silly and I am very outgoing! I love making things happen and I love to laugh and I mean laugh a lot. You’re probably saying LaTersa, I would rather just be behind the scenes and not be so much in the public’s view. Being all out in the forefront is not everybody’s cup of tea and I wanted to make sure I shed some light on the topic at hand. Also to let you mommies know that you are not alone and that you can make extra income from home as well. Continue reading “7 Ways To Make Extra Income As An Introvert”
Did you say 2018 will be your year that you start your business? Do you have tons of ideas but you just can’t seem to put them together? When I first started my business years ago, I was all over the place and I must admit, it drove my then husband crazy! Every day, he came home, I had a new idea that I wanted to talk about. I wanted to do it all and for a while, I was until I reach my burn-out moment. I was doing so much that I was not taking care of myself and it landed me a trip to the emergency room. It was an eye-opener, to say the least.
What kinds of things do you find yourself doing that you could probably do it in your sleep? My very first business was The LaTersa Diaper Cakes and I must say for the first year in business, I was not structured nor did I have a plan other than making money. I ended up that year in the -$3,000 because I was spending so much money and not realizing that I wasn’t even making money. Those numbers won’t lie to you and that is why it is so important to know your numbers in your business.
I’m going to give you my simplest ways of how to start your business today with little to no money up front. These are some of the things that I wish I had known when I first started my entrepreneurial journey.
6 Easy Ways to Start Your Business in 2018
- Pick A Niche. See as a small business owner, you can’t afford to be a jack of all trades. You have to pick an audience that you feel will benefit from your products and services. It’s not wise to try and sell to everybody because it will only disappoint you in the long run.
- Figure out what you will sell. Pick 1-2 things that you will sell at the beginning and see how that goes. It’s not wise to create products and services before you even know who you are targeting. That’s why it’s important to find your ideal audience from the very beginning.
Related and helpful articles
- How to find your ideal and targeted audience
- 5 Mistakes New Entrepreneurs Make & how to avoid them
- How to start a blog
- 45 ways to make extra money
- 26 Ideas To Work From Home
- 21 Work At Home Jobs
- Create a budget. You will need money to grow your business, so it is wise to set aside some extra cash for expenses in your business. It takes little to no money to start your business, but you will definitely need money to grow it!
- Get your business license. Depending on your location, you might have to get a business permit. Check with your local city hall or where ever they issue out business licenses. If you are serious about your business, eventually you will need to establish which business entity you will take.
- Seek out a mentor/coach. To avoid making the mistakes that all new mompreneurs make, do this immediately. I would love to mentor you! Click here and get started
- Find a support group. Let’s be clear, so you won’t be surprised when your family and friends don’t support you; a lot of time, they don’t understand what you’re doing but that doesn’t mean you still can’t let them know. At my earlier days, I can tell you now, Eric didn’t have a clue what diaper cakes were, but when I made money, he sure was happy! Get support here!
I hope these tips help you to start your business! But, if you need more help, you can grab my FREE 7-Days Mini Business Startup Course. Each day, I will send you an email full of assignments and tips and tricks to get your business up and running in no time.
Making money as a Virtual Assistant is one of the best ways to make money from home. Hiring a virtual assistant is one of the ongoing things that mompreneurs and entrepreneurs do very often. I must say being an entrepreneur is a busy job to do and handling the back end of my business is something that I really don’t like doing. I made a commitment to myself in 2018 that I would not try to do everything in my business. My motto is stick to what I love doing best and that is teaching and speaking (motivating others) and let my VA handle the rest.
Before you dive full body into doing your business full time as a VA, I would suggest you take it slowly. Start out as a side business or maybe you are still working your 9-5 job and just want to test the water out. That would be my best recommendation. I will warn you that you should do your homework and search reputable companies that are hiring virtual assistants before you start handing over your resume.
Another word of advice, know what you can and cannot do is so very key. Make sure you have a great understanding of what the business owner needs are. I have had some bad experiences with VAs who on social media brag about what they can do and then I hired them and their work was horrible, so be careful.
5 Ways to make money as a Virtual Assistant
- Pinterest Virtual Assistant: You can make a good amount of money as a Pinterest Virtual Assistant because Pinterest seems to be the new hotness lately. You can schedule out your client’s pins, and create Pinterest boards and help keep their Pinterest boards relevant and up to date. You can schedule your boards on either Tailwind, Buffer
- Social Media Managment: You can do things like managing their social media pages on all their platforms, answer back to their fan’s and followers questions on sites including Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram and etc. You can schedule their tweets and post to their sites and manage their groups and communities. Use third-party apps like Buffer apps and Hootesuite
- Blog Managment: You can post articles on their blogs and websites. Clean up and update old blog posts. Make sure all their links to their blog posts are accurate and correct. Make sure their plugin and things are updated and working properly. Also, make sure they are using SEO keywords so they can rank in the search engine. What good is having a blog full of great content if nobody knows about it?
- Customer Service VA: This one will be great if you are a people’s person. You can answer the business calls during business hours. Email their clients and answer their questions. Follow up with clients who are in various coaching programs and help manage the owner’s calendar.
- Email Marketing VA: Maybe you are good at writing emails and setting up various campaigns, you can be responsible for sending out emails and creating various ways for their fans and clients to stay in touch with them.
- Technical VA: Now this one is a big one! If you love all things techy, you will love updating their websites and social media platforms with elegant banners and designs according to their theme and color scheme. If anything goes wrong with their blog/website, you can quickly solve their problem.
Some helpful resources for Virtual Assistants
- How to run a profitable virtual assistant business
- Benefits of being a virtual assistant
- How to make money on your blog
- 45 ways to make money
- 30 ways to make extra money
I hope this post is helpful to you! Would you do me a favor and share this with your mommy friends and family?
Are you ready to make some extra money? Who couldn’t use an extra $100 or even $1000 right? Well, ever since I was a kid, I always found ways to make money. What I finally realized is, I’ve always had the entrepreneurial mindset, I just didn’t know what to call it. Now that the holidays are over, I know a lot of you are looking to make extra money so you can increase your bank account. I’m very creative and a crafty gal at heart so some of these you might laugh at them, but trust me they work.
- Blogging. You can make money blogging. I make an extra $300-$500+ per month blogging and I’m expecting it to increase this year. There are lots of mommies and daddies out here making thousands of dollars and more. I can definitely show you how to start a blog. You can make money blogging in several ways like selling your own products and services or selling ad space on your blog, selling affiliate marketing and a tons more.
- Start your own business. You can start just about any online business and make money easily. The sky is no limit when it comes to making money in your business. I have a 7-Day Mini Business Startup Course that will walk you through how to start your business from the ground up.
- Sell your baked good (cakes, pies, cookies, etc.) As a teenager, I would sell my cakes and pies and make pretty good.
- Type reports (resumes, articles, blog posts)
- Sell your services on Fiverr
- Host garage sales
- Sell your crafts on sites like eBay, Etsy, or your own Shopify website
- Tutor online or offline (Vipkids)
- Host a workshop teaching couponing. I have been couponing for years now and I can show you how to save thousands of dollars in my Extreme Couponing Course.
- Sell your coupons.
- Sell Cans (coke products) As a kid, I would pick cans with my grandmother and sell them
- Virtual Assistant
- Sell MaryKay (In college, I sold MaryKay to keep gas money and other expenses)
- Become an Uber or Lyft driver
- Make Money with Ebates
- Teach cooking classes
- Do Hair
- Makeup artist
- Sell your used books
- Write blog posts and articles
- Babysit kids
- Pet Sitting
- Lawn services (mow lawns)
- Upholster used furniture
- Detail & wash cars/trucks
- Make Money On Your Blog
- Teach Fitness Class
- Teach Craft Classes (Think of what you love to create, then teach others how to do it for a fee)
- Social Media Manager
- Clean houses
- Do surveys (survey junkie, Swagbucks and etc.)
- Teach at your local community college (If you have a degree, let it work for you)
- Amazon FBA Program
- Amazon Associate
- Make money with affiliate marketing. You can make money with affiliate marketing online. You don’t need your own products to make money, you can sell other people’s products for a percentage. If you want to start with affiliate marketing, I highly recommend the course Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing (I took this class and I learned so much)
- Freelance Writer
- Freelance Proof Reader
- Website designer
- Use apps that pay you to shop (Ibotta, Ebates, Dosh)
- Become a Transcriber
- Sell your photos
- Become a Mystery Shopper. When my kids were much younger, I was a mystery shopper and I can show you how you can become one at Mystery Shopping 101 ebook! You can even go on dinner dates with your husband for free.
- Personal Shopper. You can put ads on craigslist or find jobs at care.com
- Become a consultant
- Rake leaves
More related articles
- 30+ Ways to make money
- How to make money on your blog
- 20 Work at home Jobs
- How to start your business
- 6 Freelance Professions that you can work from home
- 5 Ways to make money from your crafts
I hope this list gets your creative juices flowing so that you can make more money in 2018. Let me know some of the things you do to make extra money? Leave me a comment
Disclaimer: Some affiliate links might be used.
I’ve been talking about how to make money at home since my kiddos were in diapers.
Around the time I started my entrepreneurial journey, I had two babies, a new husband, and an assistant secretary job at a local hospital where I was barely making ends meet.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Then a couple of years ago, I really got serious about finding more ways to make extra money.
Making extra money can change your family’s lifestyle and livelihood that will give you the freedom to:
- Pay off those credit card bills
- Pay off your car note
- Help you build up your emergency fund
- Purchase a new home
- Take regular family vacations
- Pay off those student loans and so much more
If you are wondering “How to make extra money?” then let’s get this party started.
Related posts on how to make extra money
- 20 Work at home jobs
- 45 more ways to make extra money
- 5 ways to make money from your crafts
- 5 Steps to start selling your crafts as a business
- 6 Freelance professions that allow you to work from home
- How to make money with your blog
Start A Side Business — 30 Ways to Make Extra Money
Starting a business can be an easy way to make extra money especially when you are doing something you love.
- Start your business today. While I was working as an administrative assistant, I started my business on the side and started generating income right away selling my diaper cakes. This is how I started making money from home. You can grab best tools to starting your business here. You can start your business for under $100 bucks and I show you how to get started with your business in my FREE 7-Day Business startup mini course below:
2. Babysit. You can babysit your neighbor’s kids or family member. I recommend you try care.com because when my children were smaller, we would get babysitters from them. They do background checks on all their employees.
3. Drive for Uber. You can get paid to be like a taxi cab for people. Why not earn extra money just taking people to their destination. Get signed up with Uber here!
4. Have yard sales. Any gently or unused items lying around your house. You can check your local papers. Sometimes they have neighborhood garage and yard sales.
5. Have a bake sale. If you love to cook, sell your pies and cookies.
6. Teach online. You can sign up at VIPKid.com You can teach for 7 hours or so twice per week or as many hours as you like.
7. Teach at your local community college. If you have a degree in a certain field, put your degree to work.
8. Clean houses. Believe it or not, you will be surprised at how much other moms just need a break. You can sign up at care.com and find homes that need to be cleaned and some of them start at $25/hour. So if you do maybe 3 hours at 4 hours that’s an extra $300 that you can add to your savings account. This is one of the easiest ways to make money from home!
9. Pet sit. Do you love animals? House sit your neighbor’s pets while they are out of town. You can find jobs at care.com and pick the one that’s right for you.
10. Do hair on the side. Do you love doing hair? braiding, relaxers, etc. Get paid for your talents. I remember growing up as a kid, my friends, and mama used to pay me to do their hair. I use to bring in about $200 every month.
12. Web designer. Love designing websites? make extra money doing that. You can sell your services on a site called Fiverr.com and start earning money right away once your account is approved. I must admit, I have used fiverr.com for years in my business.
13. Rent out a spare bedroom. Have extra room, rent out a room for a college student. You can list an ad on Craigslist about the room that you have for rent. Post it and check back. We have bought furniture and just about everything off of craigslist and have sold a ton of stuff as well.
14. Detail & wash cars. I don’t know about you, but I will gladly pay $20 bucks to wash my jeep.
Find A Part-Time Job To Make Extra Money
15. Work a call center job at home. I have worked with several companies in the past. You can find out the top work at home jobs here.
16. Work at fast food restaurants. Places like Wendys, McDonald’s, and Burger kings are always hiring.
17. A part-time job at retail stores. Jcpenneys, Target, and Ross are some to name a few.
18. Home Nurses Aide. You can check Care.com and your local area for places hiring CNAs and personal aides. You can find all types of jobs via this site. Babysitting, pet sitting, housecleaning and so much more.
19. Makeup Artist. If you love makeup, you can teach makeup tutorials/workshops, or you can work in stores like Ulta, Nordstrom, and Mac cosmetics.
20. Event planner. Love and have an eye for details? Host parties and plan weddings.
21. Clip and teach people how to coupon. If you love to coupon and know it really well, teach classes and you can even get paid to shop for other people. If you are new to couponing, grab my Extreme couponing course here!
22. Shop online through ebates. Since you are already shopping online, gain some cash back. you can sign up via my affiliate link here!
23. My Resources page. You can always check out my resource page with all my favorite tools and sites that I love to use in my business and life.