Are you frustrated with not making enough money in your service-based business? Does it seem like everybody else is making money online but you? Today, I want you to sit back and relax and be opened to learning something new. I have been in business for almost ten years now and I know all too well about struggling to make money. I know, if you are like me, you desire to have freedom and spend more time with your family! Am I right? I have a few ways that has worked for me since becoming a mompreneur. I’m going to give you five ways that you can leverage your expertise and knowledge so you can in return get paid. Continue reading “5 Ways You Can Make Money Offering Your Services”
Hey moms, did you know that you have money secretly hiding in your homes? Well, let me tell you, it’s your kids. Your kids could be making money right this second. Your kids could be having a fortune right now. You never know what your kids can do if you don’t ask. I want to share five ways to make money with your kids. Continue reading “5 Ways Kids Can Make Money”
I have been a work from home mama since 2009 and I have learned a few things along my journey. The thing I want you to really understand about working at home is you have to do what works best for your household and not worry about what anyone else has to say. When I first started my journey to being a stay at home mom, I was a freshly new wife and mom and boy let me tell you, I wasn’t ready as I thought I would be with two toddlers on my hip and a very outgoing hubby. I had watched my mom growing up as a kid, handle motherhood and marriage like a pro, so in my mind, I said I got this. No one told my little brain that it would be a ton and ton of work. FYI, anything worth having, you have to fight and do the work. At the time, I was working as an Administrative Assistant at a local hospital barely making ends meet, and to think of it, I think I was just making minimum wage. Now, don’t get me wrong, I was grateful because I was able to contribute to our monthly household bills. Continue reading “5 Benefits Of Working From Home-Work From Home”
I know a lot of you are rather shy when it comes to ways to make extra income especially if you are rather a shy or to yourself type of gal. I can’t really say that I’m an introvert because I’m goofy and silly and I am very outgoing! I love making things happen and I love to laugh and I mean laugh a lot. You’re probably saying LaTersa, I would rather just be behind the scenes and not be so much in the public’s view. Being all out in the forefront is not everybody’s cup of tea and I wanted to make sure I shed some light on the topic at hand. Also to let you mommies know that you are not alone and that you can make extra income from home as well. Continue reading “7 Ways To Make Extra Income As An Introvert”
Did you say 2018 will be your year that you start your business? Do you have tons of ideas but you just can’t seem to put them together? When I first started my business years ago, I was all over the place and I must admit, it drove my then husband crazy! Every day, he came home, I had a new idea that I wanted to talk about. I wanted to do it all and for a while, I was until I reach my burn-out moment. I was doing so much that I was not taking care of myself and it landed me a trip to the emergency room. It was an eye-opener, to say the least.
What kinds of things do you find yourself doing that you could probably do it in your sleep? My very first business was The LaTersa Diaper Cakes and I must say for the first year in business, I was not structured nor did I have a plan other than making money. I ended up that year in the -$3,000 because I was spending so much money and not realizing that I wasn’t even making money. Those numbers won’t lie to you and that is why it is so important to know your numbers in your business.
I’m going to give you my simplest ways of how to start your business today with little to no money up front. These are some of the things that I wish I had known when I first started my entrepreneurial journey.
6 Easy Ways to Start Your Business in 2018
- Pick A Niche. See as a small business owner, you can’t afford to be a jack of all trades. You have to pick an audience that you feel will benefit from your products and services. It’s not wise to try and sell to everybody because it will only disappoint you in the long run.
- Figure out what you will sell. Pick 1-2 things that you will sell at the beginning and see how that goes. It’s not wise to create products and services before you even know who you are targeting. That’s why it’s important to find your ideal audience from the very beginning.
Related and helpful articles
- How to find your ideal and targeted audience
- 5 Mistakes New Entrepreneurs Make & how to avoid them
- How to start a blog
- 45 ways to make extra money
- 26 Ideas To Work From Home
- 21 Work At Home Jobs
- Create a budget. You will need money to grow your business, so it is wise to set aside some extra cash for expenses in your business. It takes little to no money to start your business, but you will definitely need money to grow it!
- Get your business license. Depending on your location, you might have to get a business permit. Check with your local city hall or where ever they issue out business licenses. If you are serious about your business, eventually you will need to establish which business entity you will take.
- Seek out a mentor/coach. To avoid making the mistakes that all new mompreneurs make, do this immediately. I would love to mentor you! Click here and get started
- Find a support group. Let’s be clear, so you won’t be surprised when your family and friends don’t support you; a lot of time, they don’t understand what you’re doing but that doesn’t mean you still can’t let them know. At my earlier days, I can tell you now, Eric didn’t have a clue what diaper cakes were, but when I made money, he sure was happy! Get support here!
I hope these tips help you to start your business! But, if you need more help, you can grab my FREE 7-Days Mini Business Startup Course. Each day, I will send you an email full of assignments and tips and tricks to get your business up and running in no time.