Today, I’m interviewing a work from home mom who is doing some amazing things. I met Holly when I started my diaper cakes business years ago. She is and continues to be very resourceful when it comes to finding legitimate work at home jobs, leads and etc. I’m grateful that she took the time out of her busy schedule as a wife and mom and all the other tasks that need her attention. I can tell you from experience that being a work from home mom is no walk in the park, but it can be done with the right system in place and the right support system. Every other Friday, I will be interviewing various moms who are making extra money by doing various work from home jobs and sharing tips with you how you can do the same! Continue reading “How One Work From Home Mom Is Making 6 Figures Annually”
Did you say 2018 will be your year that you start your business? Do you have tons of ideas but you just can’t seem to put them together? When I first started my business years ago, I was all over the place and I must admit, it drove my then husband crazy! Every day, he came home, I had a new idea that I wanted to talk about. I wanted to do it all and for a while, I was until I reach my burn-out moment. I was doing so much that I was not taking care of myself and it landed me a trip to the emergency room. It was an eye-opener, to say the least.
What kinds of things do you find yourself doing that you could probably do it in your sleep? My very first business was The LaTersa Diaper Cakes and I must say for the first year in business, I was not structured nor did I have a plan other than making money. I ended up that year in the -$3,000 because I was spending so much money and not realizing that I wasn’t even making money. Those numbers won’t lie to you and that is why it is so important to know your numbers in your business.
I’m going to give you my simplest ways of how to start your business today with little to no money up front. These are some of the things that I wish I had known when I first started my entrepreneurial journey.
6 Easy Ways to Start Your Business in 2018
- Pick A Niche. See as a small business owner, you can’t afford to be a jack of all trades. You have to pick an audience that you feel will benefit from your products and services. It’s not wise to try and sell to everybody because it will only disappoint you in the long run.
- Figure out what you will sell. Pick 1-2 things that you will sell at the beginning and see how that goes. It’s not wise to create products and services before you even know who you are targeting. That’s why it’s important to find your ideal audience from the very beginning.
Related and helpful articles
- How to find your ideal and targeted audience
- 5 Mistakes New Entrepreneurs Make & how to avoid them
- How to start a blog
- 45 ways to make extra money
- 26 Ideas To Work From Home
- 21 Work At Home Jobs
- Create a budget. You will need money to grow your business, so it is wise to set aside some extra cash for expenses in your business. It takes little to no money to start your business, but you will definitely need money to grow it!
- Get your business license. Depending on your location, you might have to get a business permit. Check with your local city hall or where ever they issue out business licenses. If you are serious about your business, eventually you will need to establish which business entity you will take.
- Seek out a mentor/coach. To avoid making the mistakes that all new mompreneurs make, do this immediately. I would love to mentor you! Click here and get started
- Find a support group. Let’s be clear, so you won’t be surprised when your family and friends don’t support you; a lot of time, they don’t understand what you’re doing but that doesn’t mean you still can’t let them know. At my earlier days, I can tell you now, Eric didn’t have a clue what diaper cakes were, but when I made money, he sure was happy! Get support here!
I hope these tips help you to start your business! But, if you need more help, you can grab my FREE 7-Days Mini Business Startup Course. Each day, I will send you an email full of assignments and tips and tricks to get your business up and running in no time.
Making money as a Virtual Assistant is one of the best ways to make money from home. Hiring a virtual assistant is one of the ongoing things that mompreneurs and entrepreneurs do very often. I must say being an entrepreneur is a busy job to do and handling the back end of my business is something that I really don’t like doing. I made a commitment to myself in 2018 that I would not try to do everything in my business. My motto is stick to what I love doing best and that is teaching and speaking (motivating others) and let my VA handle the rest.
Before you dive full body into doing your business full time as a VA, I would suggest you take it slowly. Start out as a side business or maybe you are still working your 9-5 job and just want to test the water out. That would be my best recommendation. I will warn you that you should do your homework and search reputable companies that are hiring virtual assistants before you start handing over your resume.
Another word of advice, know what you can and cannot do is so very key. Make sure you have a great understanding of what the business owner needs are. I have had some bad experiences with VAs who on social media brag about what they can do and then I hired them and their work was horrible, so be careful.
5 Ways to make money as a Virtual Assistant
- Pinterest Virtual Assistant: You can make a good amount of money as a Pinterest Virtual Assistant because Pinterest seems to be the new hotness lately. You can schedule out your client’s pins, and create Pinterest boards and help keep their Pinterest boards relevant and up to date. You can schedule your boards on either Tailwind, Buffer
- Social Media Managment: You can do things like managing their social media pages on all their platforms, answer back to their fan’s and followers questions on sites including Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram and etc. You can schedule their tweets and post to their sites and manage their groups and communities. Use third-party apps like Buffer apps and Hootesuite
- Blog Managment: You can post articles on their blogs and websites. Clean up and update old blog posts. Make sure all their links to their blog posts are accurate and correct. Make sure their plugin and things are updated and working properly. Also, make sure they are using SEO keywords so they can rank in the search engine. What good is having a blog full of great content if nobody knows about it?
- Customer Service VA: This one will be great if you are a people’s person. You can answer the business calls during business hours. Email their clients and answer their questions. Follow up with clients who are in various coaching programs and help manage the owner’s calendar.
- Email Marketing VA: Maybe you are good at writing emails and setting up various campaigns, you can be responsible for sending out emails and creating various ways for their fans and clients to stay in touch with them.
- Technical VA: Now this one is a big one! If you love all things techy, you will love updating their websites and social media platforms with elegant banners and designs according to their theme and color scheme. If anything goes wrong with their blog/website, you can quickly solve their problem.
Some helpful resources for Virtual Assistants
- How to run a profitable virtual assistant business
- Benefits of being a virtual assistant
- How to make money on your blog
- 45 ways to make money
- 30 ways to make extra money
I hope this post is helpful to you! Would you do me a favor and share this with your mommy friends and family?
The end of the year is less than two weeks away. Everybody is either just starting their Christmas shopping or wrapping things up with final purchases. I don’t know about you, but I get a kick out of getting ready for the new year. And today I want to share with you briefly my top 3 things you must do before the new year rolls around.
5 Things Every Mompreneur Must Do Before The End of The Year
1) Tie up loose ends. Meaning, complete your projects that have been lingering around the home office. Finish up your shopping for equipment whether it be home or business. One thing you don’t want to do is carry old unfinished projects into the new year.
2) Balance your books. If you handle your own books, now is a great time to do so or if you have an accountant. Going into the new year with the numbers of what you achieved in 2014, will give you a great view of how things went and what things worked for your business and what didn’t.
3) Purchase your last items for business. This time of the year is one of my favorites because I get to invest with some amazing business products that will help propel me into higher debths in the new year. Get this, you can write these off on your taxes. Any donations you might have made during the year can be deductions for your taxes.
4) Review your Goals for 2017. Review them to see what you accomplished and what gave you the most return on your investments. Find out what worked best for you and do more of that in the upcoming year. As far as the things that didn’t work, eliminate those.
5) Set some new & smart goals. Yes, you will never experience success with just hoping and wishing and praying. You need to set some goals and put some action steps into place so that you set yourself up to excel and exceed your wildest expectations. If you need help with getting clear on your goals and setting a plan of action, Click here and let’s chat!
I do hope these few steps will get your creative juices flowing so that you will bring in the new year with a bang. If these steps have been helpful to you, please feel free to share them with your friends and family.
QUESTION: How do you prepare for the new year? Leave me a comment below:
If you are struggling with making money whether it be at home or in your business, I can guarantee you that one of these mistakes might need to be eliminated. I hope you understand that you can have it all; success in life and business but you must first put some systems in place in order to make the transition. Being in business for almost eight years, I can tell you about all the mistakes I’ve made in business. But, I wouldn’t be here today, if I had thrown in the towel and quit. I always say, I”m going to fail my way to the top and I want to carry you right along with me.
Watch today’s video:
Love & Prosperity,