What is shame? In the dictionary, it states that it is a painful feeling of humiliation or distress caused by the consciousness of wrong or foolish behavior. I like to add that shame makes you feel embarrassed about who you are as a person. It makes you feel like you are worthless. We all have done some things in our past that if we had known better, we would have chosen a better route. As the late Dr. Maya Angelo stated: “When you know better, you do better”! Have you allowed guilt or shame to paralyze you and keep you stuck in your yesterday? Or maybe, you are constantly putting yourself in situations where people constantly throw up your past? Maybe, it’s time to change your environment or at the very least, change your perspective about your past. Continue reading “5 Ways To Let Go Of Your Shame”
This is a new year to get free and it can be whatever you want or need it to be. If you have gone through some challenges last year or even if you are currently going through it, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I know it can difficult when you want to make a change in your life and try a different direction, but if you allow God to take the driver’s seat, it might make all the world of difference. I can tell you from experience that when you can taste your change and you want it badly enough, miracles can take place. Continue reading “5 Ways To Get FREE After Life Happens”
How to be the best you ever! How has your first week in 2018 been thus far? I have been hit with the flu bug so these last few days have consisted of warm lemon water, Tamiflu, and cough medicine. Today is the first day I have felt like getting out of bed and it feels freaking amazing. This time of year, everybody is making their new year’s resolution and setting new goals for themselves and that to me, is always a great thing.
I have so much to be grateful for that I can’t even list them all if I tried! When you shift your focus from the things that you don’t want and focus all of your attention on the things that you do want, it makes it very easy for you to see the little small things that we often take for granted. As, you continue to strive to make this year your best year ever, I want to share with you some ways to be the best you ever!
6 Ways To Be The Best You Ever
- Reflect back on your life. As you are reflecting, try not to focus so much on the bad stuff. Yes, things happen, but I would advise you to learn how to let go of the past and take those valuable lessons from it.
- Be Grateful. In everything that you do from this point on, make sure you are finding more ways to be grateful for what you do have. The more you are thankful for what you do have, the more God can bless you with more.
- Always find ways to improve yourself. Whether it be mentally, spiritually, or physically, always look for ways to improve in those areas.
Related blog post:
- 5 Tips To Get Over Your Past
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Share Your Story
- Why Women Stay In Toxic Relationships
- 7 Keys You Need To Increase Your Faith
- Attend virtual or physical events that help you to grow: I make it habit to listen to motivational and inspirational events like my I Am Enough Empowerment Week. What you feed your mind is what will come out of your heart.
- Use Affirmations. For those of you who have been following me for a while, you know that I love affirmations and I use them all the time. Today, grab a pen and paper and write down 10 I AM statements.
- Speak life to yourself. Eliminate and refrain from speaking negatively towards yourself. Watch how you speak to and about yourself because your two ears are always listening.
QUESTION: How do you prepare to be the best version of yourself?