Today, I’m interviewing a work from home mom who is doing some amazing things. I met Holly when I started my diaper cakes business years ago. She is and continues to be very resourceful when it comes to finding legitimate work at home jobs, leads and etc. I’m grateful that she took the time out of her busy schedule as a wife and mom and all the other tasks that need her attention. I can tell you from experience that being a work from home mom is no walk in the park, but it can be done with the right system in place and the right support system. Every other Friday, I will be interviewing various moms who are making extra money by doing various work from home jobs and sharing tips with you how you can do the same! Continue reading “How One Work From Home Mom Is Making 6 Figures Annually”
Are you a mom looking to become a work at home mom? Does it frustrate you to always end up at a dead-end when trying to search through the various scams that are out there surrounding work at home moms? What is your ideal job right now? Could it be one that has more flexible hours/shifts and one that has benefits? I know since becoming a work at home mom, I have worked for several companies and I will share them with you below along with a few other ones. I have enjoyed being a work at home mom for years!
Today just might be your lucky day with finding a company that is right for your work at home needs. So, sit back, grab your glass of wine and notebook with your favorite pen to jot down a few of them. Disclaimer: some affiliate links are used. Continue reading “10 Companies That Are Hiring Work At Home Moms”
I have seen my fair share of scams throughout my journey as a work at home mom! I was so eager to make money at home that I was trying any and all things. I mean I have some horror stories for you, but just for another day. I wanted to warn you about some of the things to avoid when starting your journey as a work at home mama. Now, this journey can be great but you just have to take all necessary precautions at any cost! So, grab a glass of wine and come on a journey with me!
Working at home can be a blast! More freedom, more time with your kiddos and all sorts of entertaining. But if you don’t avoid these scams, it can be a night mare!
5 Ways To Avoid WAHJob Scams
- Asking for your personal information: If any company is asking you for money and your personal banking information. That right there is a red flag. I can’t tell you how many times I fell for this one trick. Some of these people can sound so convincing.
- Verify the company. One great place I always check is the Better Business Bureau (BBB+). Google them to find out about previous customers and their experiences.
- Sending you interview via chats: I mean that one right there, really. You can’t schedule a phone interview? Please be aware of this
- Check their website: If there is no obvious sign of any kind of website or social media profile, I wouldn’t even bother.
- No contact information: You can’t find a phone number or email (legitimate), there there is another red flag.
I hope this post blesses you in some way! If you know of family and friends who might need this, would you please share this? Have an amazing day and leave me a comment below.
QUESTION: Have you encountered any scams and how did you recover?
Love & Prosperity,
I am a crafty gal at heart! My happy space is when I’m doing my crafts and for those of you who have been following me for a long time, you know that I started my first business The LaTersa Diaper Cakes™. When I began my journey in the gift business industry, I had no clue where to start. I began selling through my online store. Along the way, I got better and better at how to fully function as a gift business owner. Now, mind you I was the freebie queen and it took me a long time to realize that the questions I had in my head were not going to get answered from searching YouTube or Google. After my first year in business, I made a -$3,000 of my income return. It frustrated me so badly, that at that very moment, I made a decision to try something different. This was a turning point for me and was when I hired my first coach and the icing on the cake was that she was also in the gift business industry. Today, I want to take some time to share with you some of my favorite ways to make money with your crafts.
3 Ways To Make Money From Your Crafts
- You can sell your crafts at local craft shows. Usually, the fees include your admission to the show and your table. The highest I ever paid was fifty-five dollars. I must admit, my very first one was not so profitable, even though I made a little amount of money, I didn’t make a profit. You have to count up the cost of inventory and your fees to attend the event.
- Sell them to your family and friends. Everywhere you go, tell people about your gifts and what you have to offer. Remember, people won’t know what you have to offer or sell, if you don’t open your mouth.
- Sell them on online crafts sites. When I first started selling my diaper cakes, I opened a free shop on Bonanza and their fees are pretty reasonable. You pay once you make a sell.
I hope this post gets your creative juices flowing! Let me know some of the ways you are making money in your gift business. If you enjoyed this post, please share this with your family and friends.
QUESTION: Let me know some of the ways you are making money in your gift business.
If make money on your blog is why you came to this page, you are in the right place. I have been blogging since 2009 and I can tell you from my beginning days, I have learned a quite a bit. However, earlier this year, I lost all three of my websites due to hacking and malware. I lost over two hundred something blog posts and valuable content; but never the less, I have since made my big come back. I will be sharing with you the basics of how I began making money from my blog. Don’t shortchange yourself thinking you can’t-do this; because the truth of the matter is, I am and so can you.
Affiliate links are used within this post. Please read my disclosure.
Below is my complete guide to how to make money with your blog. Grab a notebook and pen and take great notes.
8 Ways To Make Money On Your Blog
- Pick a niche. I always say first and foremost before you ever start blogging, pick a subject or topic that you are passionate about. It makes no sense for you to start a blog about something you have no interest in. Do your research and find out about more of the things you love and start there.
- Valuable content. You must first start off with blogging and give your readers valuable content. Build up your audience by providing them with tips and topics that they love.
More related blog posts:
- 30 Ways to Make Money
- 5 Ways to make extra money as a virtual assistant
- 6 Freelance Professions to work from home
- 45 More ways to make money
- How to start a blog
- 20 Work at Home Jobs
- 5 ways to make money from your crafts
3. Affiliate marketing. This is one way that you can make money by joining various affiliate programs. You get a certain percentage of selling someone else’s products. If you are really serious about making money with affiliate marketing, then I highly recommend taking Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing. (FYI, I took this class and it is jammed packed with great content and tricks to win)
If you are new to this and want to know how to start your blog and make money doing it, click here!
4. Advertising Income
5. Selling your own products. If you have digital or physical products, you can sell them from your website. You can start a Shopify Website and list all your products on there. Get started with Shopify now!
6. Coaching Services. Offer your coaching and consulting packages via your website
7. Membership site. You can offer exclusive classes and courses via a paid membership site.
8. Offer various services. For example, if you are a freelance writer, you can offer your editing or writing services via your website. In 6 Freelance professions, you can do from home, I share some of my top recommendations.
I hope this blog post has helped you at least to get the basic understanding of how you can begin to make money with your blog while at home taking care of your family. I love you guys and leave me a comment letting me know how you are making money on your blog.
Disclaimer: Within this post, there are some affiliate links used.