This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission) at zero cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details..
Last updated: February 22, 2020
If making money blogging is why you came to this page, you are in the right place. I have been blogging since 2009 and I can tell you from my beginning days, I have learned quite a bit. However, earlier this year, I lost all three of my websites due to hacking and malware. I lost over two hundred something blog posts and valuable content; but never the less, I have since made my big come back. I will be sharing with you the basics of how I began making money from my blog. Don’t shortchange yourself thinking you can’t-do this; because the truth of the matter is, I am and so can you.
Affiliate links are used within this post. Please read my disclosure.
Below is my complete guide to how to make money with your blog. Grab a notebook and pen and take great notes.
8 Ways To Make Money On Your Blog
- Pick a niche. I always say first and foremost before you even start blogging, pick a subject or topic that you are passionate about. It makes no sense for you to start a blog about something you have no interest in. Do your research and find out about more of the things you love and start there.
- Valuable content. You must first start off with blogging and give your readers valuable content. Build up your audience by providing them with tips and topics that they love.
More related blog posts:
- 30 Ways to Make Money
- 5 Ways to make extra money as a virtual assistant
- 6 Freelance Professions to work from home
- 45 More ways to make money
- How to start a blog
- 20 Work at Home Jobs
- 5 ways to make money from your crafts
3. Affiliate marketing. This is one way that you can make money by joining various affiliate programs. You get a certain percentage of selling someone else’s products. If you are really serious about making money with affiliate marketing, then I highly recommend taking Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing. (FYI, I took this class and it is jammed packed with great content and tricks to win)
If you are new to this and want to know how to start your blog and make money doing it, click here!
You can also check out my post: How to start a blog. With the holidays fastly approaching, I share a few ways to make money during the holidays so you won’t break the bank.
4. Advertising Income
- Google Adsense
- Advertising from your own website. Sell Ad space
- Mediavine: now this one, you have a certain amount of viewers per month to qualify. So just keep working on getting views to your site.
5. Selling your own products. If you have digital or physical products, you can sell them from your website. You can start a Shopify Website and list all your products there. Get started with Shopify now!
6. Coaching Services. Offer your coaching and consulting packages via your website
7. Membership site. You can offer exclusive classes and courses via a paid membership site.
8. Offer various services. For example, if you are a freelance writer, you can offer your editing or writing services via your website. In 6 Freelance professions, you can do from home, I share some of my top recommendations.
I hope this blog post has helped you at least to get the basic understanding of how you can begin to make money with your blog while at home taking care of your family. I love you guys and leave me a comment letting me know how you are making money on your blog.
P.S. Subscribe to My YouTube Channel!
Disclaimer: Within this post, there are some affiliate links used.