I must admit this is one of my favorite things to do when it comes to saving money. I have been couponing for over five years and I can tell you now, that I have saved hundreds of dollars. I get excited just talking about it. Being a stay at home mom, I can tell you first hand that every dollar has to be accounted for.
When shopping especially for groceries, you have to strategically plan out your shopping trips. I’m going to share with you some of my best tools to save you money. I will admit though when I first tried to learn how to coupon, I became very frustrated and threw my entire binder in the trash.
5 Things to do before going grocery shopping
- Plan your trip. You need to go through your cabinets and refrigerator to be sure you don’t get double of the same thing you already have.
- Write your grocery list down. Only put on your list what you need. This will keep you from overspending.
- Print coupons for things on your list. I use coupons.com, Smartsource for most of my printing.
- View your weekly ads from your Sunday’s paper. I always compare sales in various store ads
- Organize your coupons. Grab a smaller wallet or binder to carry them in so you won’t lose them.
5 Couponing Apps to use to save money
I look forward to hearing from all your savings from couponing. See how this mom saved $5,000 a year on groceries with her smartphone. If this post has been helpful to you, please share this with your friends and family!
QUESTION: How do you save money at your household, leave me a comment below:
Disclaimer: This post does include affiliate links, but please know that I only recommend products that I have used.