This post may contain paid and/or affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.. em>
Hey Hey you guys! I know you love my blog because I’m always sharing tons of ways that you can make extra money from home. If you love words and you are one of those moms who loves critiquing others and point out mistakes with other people’s work, then today’s idea is going to be just for you. See, I have to be honest with you, I don’t always write politically correct. I write a lot like how I talk which is not always grammatically correct. But when you use grammarly, it really makes you think you are a genius with using your words.
I have been blogging since 2009 and this blog started out as a way for me to write about my frustrations with being a new mom and wife with two toddlers. Over the years, it has been a way for me to generate some extra income with sharing my love and knowledge of working from home and starting a business. Today, I’m going to share with you six simple and easy ways to start your proofreading business.
6 Simple Easy Steps To Start Your Proof Reading Business
- Own your craft. If you have a passion for words and you love writing, you can start putting your skills to work for you. Please keep in mind that you must be patient and know that anything worth having, takes time and lots of it.
- Learn from someone who is doing what you want: I recommend you take this course ProofreadingAnywhere and learn from the woman who is making a substantial amount of income with it. In order to get a head start, you need to learn from someone who has been in the game a long time.
- Have a clear vision. Know exactly what you plan to accomplish with your business. You know the saying; “If you don’t make a plan, you set yourself up for failure before you even get started.
- Choose your targeted audience: Figure out who you want to serve.. This will make all the difference in the world when starting any business. Everybody is not your ideal audience.
- Get your business legit. Yep, yall know I say it all the time; you don’t want to end up for some reason getting sued by someone and lose all your personal assets that you’ve worked hard for. Choose your business entity wisely. I suggest you get with your accountant to make the best decision for you.
- Open up a business account. You don’t want to mix up your personal and business finances. Again, it is wise to separate the two. To be legitimate, you want to act as a true business owner. Set up your checking account and name your business.
- Get you a business EIN # so the Internal Revenue Service will be able to identify you as a legitimate business. Make sure you keep an accurate record of all your earnings which means you need to pay your taxes.
Some common questions that are asked about a proofreading business
- How much money can I make with proofreading? The salary ranges and depends on how much work you do.
- Can I start this while i’m still working my 9-5 job? Absolutely, you can do this on the weekends, or some hours after work or you’ve gotten your family situated.
QUESTION: Are you ready to start your proofreading business? LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW