This post may contain paid and/or affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.. em>
In today’s society, with social media, it is very easy for you to lose yourself in all the hoopla and noise surrounding life’s events. You have to be careful when you are using these online sites because you will find yourself spending tons and tons of countless time scrolling and checking to see what everybody is doing. Don’t get me wrong, using social media for business and all of that is very great if done correctly. I have seen the good and the bad surrounding social media and what you should and shouldn’t share about your life. I’m going to share with you a few simple ways to stay true to yourself on social media.
- Be your authentic self: Regardless to what you are doing on social media, via it be for business or personal. Always be yourself. It will become very draining trying to wear phony masks. People can tell if you are being true to yourself or not. I’d rather people fall in love with the real me, than the phony. You are more than enough and what God did when he created you is impeccable.
- Choose what to share: Here is a rule of thumb, share what you wouldn’t mind your mother reading. You can share your truths but make sure you are comfortable with being transparent and vulnerable. Everybody will not receive it the way you do. And to be honest with you, social media is NOT a place to air your dirty laundry.
- Learn to allow your voice to be heard: Your voice matters and if God has blessed you to overcome some hurdles in your life, tell your story. You never know who needs your testimony.
- Stop thinking your makeup has to be on fleek: I heard all kinds of things since being a public influencer, that you should not get on video or live stream without having your hair all dolled up and your face beat. Now, don’t get me wrong, look presentable but don’t let that hinder you from doing livestream.
- Tell the truth: With so much going on social media, it’s hard to know what’s real and what’s fake. One thing that you can do to set yourself apart from the rest, is tell the truth and be a woman/man of your word.
I hope these tips help you to come out of your shell and show the world just how amazing you are. Let the world know that God didn’t make no mess when he created you. You are simply irresistible and you shouldn’t hide it. If this post has helped you in any way, share this with your peeps.
You can find out more about me on Instagram @latersaspeaks and Periscope @latersablakely. My website is http://www.latersablakely.com