This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission) at zero cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details..
I will be shedding some light on the biggest mistakes every new blogger makes and they can fix it early on. To be honest with you, I should have written about this a few years ago. I know how frustrating it can be when first starting their blogging career. How can a blogger fix their blog and make it successful? Stay tuned…
I started my journey back in 2009 and I have a few horror stories to tell you of the mistakes that I made because it cost me in the end. I started my blog as a way to vent as a new mom, a new wife, at home with two little ones in diapers and pull-ups. It was very hard for me to wrap my brain around that I was a stay at home mom. I didn’t know what to do, so I began blogging about my frustrations as a stay at home mom. A little while later, I started to build up a readership of other moms who were experiencing the same thing and so I began blogging 2 to 3 times a week. Now, on that note, I will say I was blogging. I wasn’t really using the right keywords. I was just blogging and not really being strategic. I know, just like myself, it was very frustrating and it is frustrating for you too. So with that being said: hopefully I can shed some light on the Mistakes every new blogger makes and how you can avoid making them. My prayer is for you to have a smooth journey as a mommy blogger.
Mistakes Every New Blogger Makes
& How To Fix Them
(Like it, Pin It For Later)
- Trying to target everybody; you can’t target everybody or just have a broad topic in order for you to be successful at blogging. you’re gonna have to hone in on a specific niche and know exactly who you are talking to when you are blogging because again keep in mind, you are blogging and you’re trying to solve a problem for a specific audience. If you are unclear on that, that is going to cause you to seem like you are all over the place. Mistakes every new blogger makes when avoided can make room for a successful blog.
- Quality over quantity: don’t worry so much about just trying to post every day or try to be perfect on the post and at least 3 to 5 times a week because that’s unrealistic. What you want to focus on is making sure your content is of value and that is actually showing in teaching your audience how to do something or showing them that you know exactly what you’re talking about. One thing you don’t want to do is to just be posting content that is not serving your audience. that is the quickest way for you to lose your readers before they even get attached to you. If you were all over the place and you’re not really talking about a specific thing or a problem, then you’re going to lose your readers.
- Writing about stuff your audience don’t like: this is why it’s so important to know exactly who your audience is in what problem that you’re solving because when you’re just writing about random stuff and stuff that they are not interested in, you again are going to lose your readers and they’re not going to come back because you’re not talking about anything. Now this one, I see a lot of and that’s why it’s one of the mistakes that every new blogger makes; because I want to help you avoid some of the pitfalls I made.
- Not being consistent: if you’re really serious about taking your blog to the next level, you’re gonna have to show up and get a blogging schedule. You need to commit your time and show up just like you would a regular 9-5 job. If you can’t commit to posting at least twice per week, then there is no need to start a blog. Think about your long term goal of making money with your blog, it needs to be loaded with valuable content.
- Using a free platform: I cannot stress this one enough: please do not use free platforms to start your blog because I’m telling you it’s going to save you a headache down the road. If I have to choose my most regretful decision about my blog, it will be this one. I started blogging on a free site called blogger spot. I don’t even know if it’s still around, but all of that content had to be transferred over to my new site. You do not own your information when you’re posting your stuff on these sites. I highly recommend that you start off on the right foot with WordPress.org. I highly recommend you get your hosting through Siteground. I’ve been with them for almost 4 years now and they are very good to me. You need a domain. You can always get one from Godaddy.com. This is why I had to write this so that I can help you avoid the 7 mistakes every new blogger makes.
More Posts You Will Love
- Talking about yourself all the time: It’s okay to tell a little bit about you and your family from time to time, but talking about yourself all the time, will have your readers not wanting to return to your blog. You always want to over-deliver them with valuable and useful tips to help them.
- Having too many pop-ups on your site: I don’t know about you, but too many popups and having them appear before I even had a chance to read annoys the hell out of me. So, make sure you avoid having too many popups on your blog. This is the fastest way to lose followers.
Conclusion: I hope you have gained some insight into the mistakes every new blogger makes and some great tips on how you can fix them now. Don’t beat yourself up about not knowing this information sooner, just give yourself some grace and keep moving forward. You have value to share with the world so get the writing. If you loved the content within today’s post, would you do me a favor and pin it and share it with your peeps. Thanks in advance.
QUESTION: What are some tips that you use to make your blog better? LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW: