I love crafts or anything that deals with creating with my hands. When I was in high school, I use to make pillows, sew and quilt, make gift baskets and so much more. Never in my wildest dreams, did I think about how much money you could make with making handmade gifts. As years went by and I became a mother, I wanted to put my skills to the test. As a newbie, I had no clue where I could sell my gifts and make a great profit for them. Below are five great platforms where you can start selling your gifts/ and handmade creations…
5 Online Marketplaces To Sell Your Handmade Items
1) Bonanza.com is a FREE business platform where you can list all of your handmade gifts and get access to thousands of new and potential customers. This platform has a variety of selections of things you can sell. It’s cost you only a small percentage when your item sells. I highly recommend this platform. This is where I started when I first started my diaper cakes gift business.
2) Ebay.com Now, everybody knows about this popular platform. Not only can you open up a store for FREE, but you can sell anything on there. It is not limited to just your handmade gifts, you can sell whatever you want. You just need to connect your Paypal account to your store so your customers can pay you. Ebay and Paypal take a small percentage on every sale you make. This is a huge platform and I will warn you, it’s very competitive on there with various sellers.
3) Etsy.com This is another FREE platform to sell your gifts on. Just like bonanza and eBay, it is easy to open a store and they do take a percentage of each sale that you make and I also think it cost like $0.20 to list each item. I say it still beats having to pay for a full-blown website, with hosting fees and designer fees. But, at least when you open up your shop, invest in your own personal domain, and have your domain pointed to your shop website address. It just looks more professional.
4) Artfire.com Artfire is one of the fastest growing marketplaces online for selling handmade products internationally. They have more than 30,000 registered active sellers. It’s an easy to use platform which allows the seller to customize their store to fit their brand. There are tons of categories that you can list your items under.
5) Shopify.com Now this is a platform you can also use to sell your handmade items. But this one has a fee and I believe the lowest plan starts at $14.95. If you want that e-commerce type of feel to it, then this would be a great start.
Remember when starting your online business, please make sure that it is something you are passionate about, otherwise, you will lose your enthusiastic energy and interest very quickly!
Love & Prosperity,
Recommended book for learning to sell on etsy!