Are you frustrated with not making enough money in your service-based business? Does it seem like everybody else is making money online but you? Today, I want you to sit back and relax and be opened to learning something new. I have been in business for almost ten years now and I know all too well about struggling to make money. I know, if you are like me, you desire to have freedom and spend more time with your family! Am I right? I have a few ways that has worked for me since becoming a mompreneur. I’m going to give you five ways that you can leverage your expertise and knowledge so you can in return get paid. Continue reading “5 Ways You Can Make Money Offering Your Services”
Have you been blogging for some while now but you have hit a stand still? Does coming up with new material seem very frustrating? It’s been 9 years since I started blogging and I will be the first one to say that it has its highs and lows. Well, I want to share with you a few things you can do to keep your blog updated with new content and most importantly, valuable content for your readers. Continue reading “5 Tips To Keep The Momentum When Blogging Gets Overwhelming”
How to start your blog with five easy steps. Blogging to me is the new rave and it’s been around for years and years and years. I do believe that it will continue to be around for many more years to come. I have been blogging now for nine years and I can tell you, I wish I had known some of the things I know now then. I started blogging to speak about the many ups and downs of being a stay at home wife/mom. When you are a stay at home mom, sometimes the only communication you have with adult humans are in the form of social media. Besides, having your little people running around the house, you pretty much just feel like a big kid and a worn out mama, right?
I want to give you the simplified version of how to start a blog in fifteen minutes or less. You can also watch my how to start a blog video tutorial here! I’m going to share with you five ways to start your blog today in no time. Are you ready? Let’s get started!
- Choose your hosting company. I recommend you go with a hosting company where you can host your own blog. When I began my blogging journey years ago, I started with blogger and while they might be free, they own your content and if something were to happen to their site, guess what, all of your content is gone as well. So I recommend you get started with WordPress.org and go with Siteground. You want to have a place where your audience can come and learn more about you. Your blog is like your brick and mortal except it’s virtual. You can sign up with my affiliate link for only $3.95 per month.
2.Purchase your domain. If you haven’t already purchased your domain, you can get ono right with Siteground. You can get a domain name for $14.95/year. I always purchase for two years so I won’t forget to pay it when it’s due.
3. Install your WordPress. With Siteground, it’s as easy as eating pie. It’s a one-click install WordPress step. Their customer service department is 24/7 and they usually respond within the hour. I love their chat support because I want my help right now. LOL
Related blog posts
4. Pick your theme. I like to keep it simple; especially when just starting out. Once you have installed WordPress, you will go to appearance and click on add new theme. WordPress has hundreds of themes already preloaded, so just choose one that will have the beautiful look that you desire and you are ready to go.
5. Choose your plugins. In order for your WordPress blog to work, you must have certain plugins to make it function to the fullest. You can see a list of the plugin at how to start a blog with Siteground.
Start your blog with my 5 easy stepsClick To Tweet
Question: What are some tips you would share with newbie bloggers? Comment below:
I hope all of you are enjoyed your Thanksgiving time with your family and friends. It’s Black Friday and I know many of you are shopping and getting a glimpse of this holiday season shopping. It’s time you start making extra income! To be honest with you, I never go inside stores on Black Friday because to me, I just don’t see the need to be bumper to bumper with everybody trying to grab a TV or whatever. Being that I worked in retail for over five years, I know how the sales go and trust me, this won’t be the last one. So, I want to share with you three ways how you can cash in while you are shopping.
3 Ways to cash in on Black Friday
- Shop online: Instead of getting out of your cozy and warm bed, shop online through Ebates and earn cash back. Right now you can get double rebates on particular stores and also if you sign up today, you will get a FREE Walmart gift card. Sign up now!
- Check out the clearance racks. The very first thing I do when entering a store is head straight to the clearance aisles. I’m a firm believer in spending my money wisely!
- Invest in your business: Grab items that will help you grow and make more money in your business. During Black Friday, I always search for courses, consulting sessions, or things that I can do to grow in my business. Ready to make more money in your business, click here!
More extra income related series
- 5 Mistakes that new entrepreneurs make
- 5 Ways to make money from your crafts
- 5 Reasons Why You Are Not Making Money Online
- How to make money on your blog
- Make money through your online store
If you are new to blogging and you have no clue where to start, grab your hosting for your blog for ONLY $2.95/month. I highly recommend them and their customer service is phenomenal! Okay, I’ll let you get back to your turkey and shopping.
QUESTION: What will you invest in this year? Leave me a comment below:
Starting a blog was one of the best decisions that I made especially doing the time when my kids were just babies. I started my blog initially as a way to cope with being a mom and new wife. Since then, I have found some more ways to add an extra $600 per month from blogging and I’m sure that this year it will increase.
I’ve been a work at home mom since early 2009. You can start your blog and it can be as easy as making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Since starting my very first blog, I have learned a lot of things and I can tell you this; your blog has to have the proper resources in place in order for it to function. Earlier this year, I lost all three of my blogs due to hacking and malware. So I want to help you avoid having the same thing happen to you.
Today, I will be sharing with you how you can start your blog for as little as $3.95 per month and in about 15 minutes or less, your blog can be up and running in no time. I would act fast because in order for you to start blogging, you have to go through a few easy steps and I will show you them below:
If you are super ready, you can check out my How to start a blog tutorial here!
If you are looking to start your WordPress blog for cheap, then choosing Siteground will be your best option. I can personally say that switching over to them last year has made a world of difference! Their customer service is phenomenal and they respond to you right away.
Blogging has really allowed me to not only make extra income but it has also allowed me the opportunity to get my brand out there and my business in the social media world.
Working from home has been a dream come true for me and my family because it allows me more time to spend with my kids and be an active part of the school activities.
Anyone can make money with blogging and I can show you how with the steps and practical tips that I will be sharing this tutorial.
There are a few steps that must be done before promoting your blog to the world. Blogging platform, hosting, domain, SEO tools, backup tools, plugins and etc.
Siteground is one of the best web hosting sites in 2018 and you can start your own blog for as little as $3.95 per month. Also, If you choose their 12-month package, you save 60% off their regular price. So, if you are ready to start your blog, keep reading below:
Blogging Platform: I highly recommend wordpress.org because it gives you more control and ownership of your content and blog. In order for you to have a hub for all of your blogs, you need to understand what a platform for blogging is and it is simply your content management system.
Hosting: Is a website server that houses your content such as blogging, videos, and etc. I use Siteground for my blog. You can get hosting from them for as low as $3.95. I find that you save more when you opt to pay annually instead of monthly. I paid $92.00 for an entire year for the business package. Before switching to Siteground, I was with HostGator and I always had issues with them; like shutting down myself without notice or warning. It was always something.
Now, that you have your blog up and running, it’s time to design it and make it feel like you. Well, my first blog was Moms Wearing Multiple Hats and I uploaded an already mommy blog from one of my mommy friends, while it was nice and all, I couldn’t make changes to it because it wasn’t my own. I kept it for years because it was very appealing to moms, which is my ideal audience.
I also changed back in 2011, to optimizepress because I wanted to be able to create my own landing pages and not have to continue to pay a designer to change my banner or create a landing page for me. I was spending tons of money just to update a banner. Yes, it can get very expensive if you add it over a year’s time.
If you want to stand out in the crowd and not look like everyone else, you should get an avatar or logo made. I have used a few designers in the past, but I recommend when starting out, invest at the level that you can afford. Fiverr is a great one starting at $5. Always look for the designers with the top ratings. I now use Canva for business and that is what I highly recommend to all of my clients. I still use Picmonkey for backup and it’s super user-friendly.
If you are want to learn How To Make Money With Your Blog, start now!
How To Make Your Blog Run Smoothly
Congrats on getting your blog up and running. So now you want to make sure it’s running properly and I have a few tools you want to incorporate into your site. These are plugins. Just add a new plugin and search for it.
- All-in-One SEO
- SG Optimizer
- Speakpike (allows your visitors to leave you voicemail)
- SumoMe (allows you to get visitors to opt-in to your list)
- Askimet (spam plugin)
- Shareaholic (allows your visitors to share your content via social media)
- Wordfence (Antivirus and spam control)
How To Get Your Blog Visitors
Social media. Are social sites that bloggers and mompreneurs use to get traffic to their sites. My all-time favorites are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google Plus. Now, my advice to you is to start with one platform and get good at that before you start trying to be all over the place. You want to share consistently on a daily basis because with how social media works if you are not showing up regularly, people will forget about you.
Guest posts/Writing. You can sign up via other people’s blog that are within similar niches as your blog and does guest-post. I have done this a lot throughout my career. In order for readers to visit your blog regularly, you have to have great content that they love reading. But, please don’t make the habit of just rushing through writing because I promise you, you will have a few typos. I suggest you use Grammarly, it’s one of my favorites
Email Marketing. This is a way that you communicate with your audience. I have used Mailchimp my entire time working at home and I highly recommend them when you are first starting out. Now as you grow in business, Mailchimp will become very limiting, so I just switched to Convertkit and I can’t stop raving about all the ways I can track engagement with my list. You can stay in contact with your readers via emails.
Here are more blogging related articles that will help you…
- How to make money with your blog
- 6 tips for new bloggers
- How to start a blog easily in 2018
- 30 Ways to make extra money
- Top tools for moms working at home
I hope you can find this post helpful to you. Be sure to share this with your mompreneur and mommy friends!