As long as you are living and breathing, there will be trials and obstacles that we have to face. Let’s just be honest, we are not going to walk this earth and have nothing happen to us. God had all kinds of bad things to happen to him, and all he did was love everybody. I’m almost 40 years old and when I tell you I have had my share of hiccups, that would be an understatement. Being a young gal from the deep south, I was raised in a very small town where everybody knows each other and most of us are related. Well, here is the downfall of that, too many people have their opinion of you and what you should be doing and who you should be doing it with. Can you relate?
As a young girl, I struggled with my esteem and self-worth. I searched for everything and everybody to make me feel worthy of the good in life. I tried to over-compensate for my lack of self-esteem by being an all American cheerleader, captain of the team, honor roll student, church girl, the nice girl always making others feel good about themselves. Well, how many of you know that whatever you don’t deal with will always keep stalking and chasing you?
When life happened to me, it nearly killed me to the point where all I wanted to do was meet my heavenly father. I was in so much pain and experiencing heartache after heartache, that I needed something or someone to numb the pain. It wasn’t until I got sick and tired of myself and got up and did something about it. Back in 2012, I wrote and published my first book and oh boy was I scared out of my mind. I thought people are really going to be talking now. They are going to think I’m a nut basket. Here’s what I learned from writing my very first book:
5 Reasons Why YOu Should Share Your Story
- You have to totally heal from your pain: A lot of stuff that I shared in my first book, I wouldn’t have been so detailed and graphics. I realized even after I published it, that I still had some hidden pain. Even though I had healed in most of the areas, it was still some things stuck to me like glue.
- Someone else’s breakthrough is tied to your story: If you keep your testimony to yourself, you are being selfish and keeping that next person from experience peace and joy like you.
- Your pain is not about you: I learned that it was not about me even though it pained me to death and it hurt like hell. I still had questions for God like why me.
- You will heal by helping others: God allowed you to live to tell your story of how you overcame your situation. As long as you still have breathed in your lungs, there is always somebody else out there who is or have gone through the same thing you have.
- Profit from your story: You can tell your story better than anybody. So why not write your book and tell of the goodness of the lord and how he blessed you to overcome. Not everybody lives to tell their story. Don’t die with your story on the inside of you. If you are ready to write your story, click on the image below.
QUESTION: Are you ready to share your story with the world? Comment below