May is finally here and you know what they say: April showers brings May flowers. It just seems like this year is moving along quite quickly. Pretty soon, before you know it, the kiddos will be out for school. Well, now that my kiddos are older, I have more fun things that I can do that can also help me out around the house. There are tons of fun things that you can do with them. Continue reading “5 Fun Things To Do With Your Kids For The Summer”
Reading is so fundamental to our children’s well-being. I have picked some great books that I feel your little ones will enjoy reading. As a kid, you can learn and be exposed to so much so why not expose them to something positive and fun. Our children are our future. I hope your babies enjoy reading just a little bit more.
It is so important that we as parents teach our children about our heritage and the importance of knowing our culture. I enjoy teaching my babies our culture and family history.
Being that I have a daughter of color, it’s very important for me to teach her that her natural hair is beautiful. I love getting her books that has a young girl on the cover that resembles her.
It is said that children should read at least 1 hour per day outside of being at school. At my house, even if they don’t have homework, they are required to read something and sometimes, I request them to give me a two paragraph report. I also ask them questions as well!
QUESTION: What books are your kiddos reading now? leave me a comment below
Disclaimer: This post might contain affiliate links. Please refer to my disclosure.
Moms, I know sometimes it might feel like you want to pull all your hair out. You are always busy and it just doesn’t seem like it’s enough time in the day to get every thing done on your to do list. Does any of this sounds familiar? You are running after toddlers most of the day, changing diapers and still in the midst of all this, you are trying to start your own business.
I did a video on this very thing and I share a few ways that you can began to get organized and get a lot more done around the house even with the little ones. Watch the video below and leave me a comment below:
If you enjoyed this post, will you please share this with your family and mommy friends?
QUESTION: What are some ways you balance work and family? Leave me a comment below:
If you loved this post, I hand-picked a few more articles that you will love
- How to save money with couponing
- 3 Quick date nights with your husband
- 3 Tips To Have a Healthy Marriage
During the summer months, the kiddos are home and full of energy. As I’ve been experiencing these last few weeks, my babies can eat! I’ve already been grocery shopping three times since school has been out. But, you have to not get so worked up about it because they will eat, but always remain flexible for new ways to get them out the house. I want to share with you three fun things that I do with my babies during the summer.
3 Ways to Enjoy Your Kids During The Summer
- Enroll them in a Reading summer program. Yes check your local newspaper to see which areas are having the program. I even took it a few steps forward and I created this fun way to help my babies to read better. I told them who ever reads the most books by the end of June, will receive fifty dollars. Imagine seeing those little faces when I told them that. So, twice per week, I take them to the library and check out books. I love it! I love hearing them read to me and write their two paragraph report about what they read.
- Reward them for doing extra chores around the house. I give them the opportunity to earn extra perks. For example, if they do more than their regular chores, they might get extra movie from the red box, or more time on their electronics.
- Take them to museums. Yes, I love learning new stuff and so do them. Every summer, I try to take them to a different museum. A few years back, I took them to the Civil Rights Museum in Memphis (The Lorraine Motel where Dr. King was killed). I love listening to them ask various questions. This year, I plan to take them to the Underground Railroad Museum.
These are just a few ways that I enjoy my kids during the summer months. How about you, tell me some fun things that you do with your kids during the summer. Comment below. If you enjoyed this post, please share this with your other mommy friends, and family.
I bought my kids the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace Jr Game to teach them the responsibility of doing their chores. They really love adding up the money that they earn every week. Check it out below
Disclaimer: Please know that affiliate links are used.