I have been a work from home mama since 2009 and I have learned a few things along my journey. The thing I want you to really understand about working at home is you have to do what works best for your household and not worry about what anyone else has to say. When I first started my journey to being a stay at home mom, I was a freshly new wife and mom and boy let me tell you, I wasn’t ready as I thought I would be with two toddlers on my hip and a very outgoing hubby. I had watched my mom growing up as a kid, handle motherhood and marriage like a pro, so in my mind, I said I got this. No one told my little brain that it would be a ton and ton of work. FYI, anything worth having, you have to fight and do the work. At the time, I was working as an Administrative Assistant at a local hospital barely making ends meet, and to think of it, I think I was just making minimum wage. Now, don’t get me wrong, I was grateful because I was able to contribute to our monthly household bills. Continue reading “5 Benefits Of Working From Home-Work From Home”
I want to share with you that we as moms, we have a ton of hats to wear and at times it can seem never ending. I can tell you from experience that it never seems to fail when I’m getting ready to get on the phone with a client or do some work in my business, my kids have so much to tell me or ask me. I can recall when they were younger, and I had just started my business, I had a particular interview on a mompreneur radio show and BOY oh boy oh boy, I was in my closet trying to do my interview, and I promise you, my little ones was tearing down the door trying to get in. Little fingers were under the door talking about: ” mommy can I come in, can I get a snack. Or how about screaming so loud that the callers heard them and said , now that’s a real mama. Actually, that is how I got the nickname: “Rockstar Mompreneur”. Continue reading “5 Ways To Keep Your Kiddos Occupied When Doing Work”
It is less than one day before it’s 2018 and I’ve made up my mind that I’m getting healthier! Can I be honest with you? This year has been super amazing and adventurous and not to mention starting a new journey in my life. I have got on track, then I fell off and I started working out, then a week later I quit. It’s something about when you turn forty! I remember the days when I would kill to workout and jog around the trail. Now, the thought of working out, makes me cringe at the stomach. I know you as busy moms, stay at home moms, or mompreneurs, can relate to this emotional roller coaster? Well, I have a few tips that you can try going into the new year: Sit back and have a glass of wine and get ready for something new!
5 Ways for busy moms to get healthier
- Get honest with yourself. The first thing to do is admit to yourself where you are on your health journey and figure out how you got to where you are. Now, this is not a time to beat yourself up, but it’s a time of reflection.
- Move your body. I’m not saying you need to run a marathon, but a simple jog around your neighborhood or a little jump roping might not be a bad idea.
- Eating healthier: I know those wings are hard to put down, but instead of frying them, try baking them with a little lemon pepper. I found this great deal on healthy meal planning and I can’t wait to dive into it. I thought you might be in need of some new and easy recipes! Grab your meal planning bundle here!
- Drink lots of water: I know you would rather have your coffee and soda, but at least make sure you get 8 glasses of water. My favorite way to drink water is by adding a few slices of lemon in it.
- Put you on the calendar. We as moms get so busy taking care of others that we leave ourselves out of the equations. Start your new year off right with a new discovery of things you enjoy doing
I hope these few tips get you going in the right direction in the new year. Let me know some tips you will be incorporating into your life in the new year.
BONUS: If you purchase the healthy meal planning, I will gift you a FREE copy of my Extreme Couponing Ebook so you can learn how to coupon and get more healthy foods! Learn about the ebook here!
QUESTION: What will you be doing to become a healthier version of yourself?
Disclaimer: Some affiliate links are used throughout this post and other posts on the mommy maven’s blog.
Can you believe that we are less than three weeks away until 2018? I don’t know about you but it seems as if this year just came and went. One minute it was January and now we are in December. I have had an amazing year and not to mention, I joined the forties club a few weeks ago. Business for me this year has been one heck of a year and I’m now spending my days preparing for the upcoming new year.
During this time, it’s important that we take some time to reflect on the things that we are grateful for via it personal or business related. What you thank about, God brings more of it. So, I wanted to shed some light on this thing called preparation and getting your business in alignment with your goals.
3 Steps To Prepare Your Business For The New Year
- Get crystal clear: You need clarity on the moves and process you will take in order to accomplish your goals for your business.
- Figure out what didn’t work for you and eliminate it from your business plans
- Put systems in place. You need systems in place in order to help you stay visible and functional even if you are not physically present.
I hope these steps help you in your process of preparing for your new year in business.
QUESTION: I want to know how you are getting ready. Comment on this Post:
If you haven’t heard already, Instagram is the hotness right now and I don’t think they are going away anytime soon! When starting your business online, you need to choose a platform on social media that’s right for you and not spread yourself too thin. Today, I’m going to share with you a few quick tips to help you get started on Instagram.
4 Tips To Succeed On Instagram
- Be your authentic self. Even though people can’t see you in the flesh, it’s very easy for people and your tribe to tell when you are being fake. Here is the thing, God made you so unique and if you knew just how awesome you are, you wouldn’t be so concerned with trying to mimic someone else.
- Create amazing images. Don’t just throw up any old thing. Remember, this is your brand and it represents you and what you stand for.
- Be consistent. Pick out a time frame of how often you will post. My recommendations would be to figure out when your audience is online and post accordingly. Posting three times per day is a great start.
- Engage with your followers. If they take the time to comment on your post, the least you could do is respond back with a thank you. Don’t be selfish or so self-absorbed that you ignore those who admire and engage with you.
I hope these tips help you build your Instagram page up to an engaging and fun page! Let me know some of your favorite tips that have helped you on Instagram.
QUESTION: Are you on Instagram? If so drop your name below so I can show you some love. You can follow me on Instagram at @mommiemaven