Did you say 2018 will be your year that you start your business? Do you have tons of ideas but you just can’t seem to put them together? When I first started my business years ago, I was all over the place and I must admit, it drove my then husband crazy! Every day, he came home, I had a new idea that I wanted to talk about. I wanted to do it all and for a while, I was until I reach my burn-out moment. I was doing so much that I was not taking care of myself and it landed me a trip to the emergency room. It was an eye-opener, to say the least. (Post originally posted in January and updated June 22, 2018) Continue reading “6 Easy Ways To Start A Business in 2018”
I know a lot of you are rather shy when it comes to ways to make extra income especially if you are rather a shy or to yourself type of gal. I can’t really say that I’m an introvert because I’m goofy and silly and I am very outgoing! I love making things happen and I love to laugh and I mean laugh a lot. You’re probably saying LaTersa, I would rather just be behind the scenes and not be so much in the public’s view. Being all out in the forefront is not everybody’s cup of tea and I wanted to make sure I shed some light on the topic at hand. Also to let you mommies know that you are not alone and that you can make extra income from home as well. Continue reading “7 Ways To Make Extra Income As An Introvert”
I see this all the time, moms start their business and they price their products and services so low that they are practically giving it away. They are home with their children but they also want to make money as well. Oh here is another one, you are a church gal and you feel guilty about charging for your consultations and services. I have seen everything under the sun and it makes me sick to my stomach. I know at the beginning days of my business, I was giving away tons of free stuff including a three-tier diaper cake (and you know a box of diapers is around twenty-five dollars)
You teach your audience what to expect from you. And I certainly trained my audience to always want free stuff. Now, don’t get me wrong, you have to give away some things, but giving away the whole cow is unacceptable when you are trying to make extra money. So, I want to share with you five reasons why you keep giving away your products and services for free:
- You are afraid of rejection.. yep you fear that people will tell you no. You are afraid that they will not be interest in what you have to say
- You are not pricing your products correctly: You just put a price on it whether it is what you are worth or not, you just want a quick sale
- You worry too much about what other people will think of you: yep this one right here is keeping a lot of you broke and living in a fantasy world of an expensive hobby
- You think that you will lose your audience if you start charging for your services. Newsflash, people that need what you have to say, will gladly pay you for it. When people see that you are the solution to their problem, they will gladly take out their wallets.
- Lastly, you think if you don’t give away your stuff, people won’t know, like or trust you. Wrong, it’s okay to give away a few things as long as it is of value; but giving it all away is ridiculous.
I hope this was an eye opener for some of you that it’s time to start charging what you are worth. If you are ready to start pricing your products and services correctly and break up with the FREEBIE party, then I invite you to sign up for my upcoming teleseminar: How To Charge What You Are Worth. Get more details now!
Are you looking for ways to make money from home? Have you found yourself searching for some extra cash? I know all too well, not having enough money to get your hair and nails done. Being a mom, sometimes, we allow our wants and needs to be put on the back burner because maybe the kids need something or maybe you are in a one-income household. I recall when in my beginning days, we were a one-income household and money was kinda funny. There were a many of nights that I wanted to go grab me some Apple Bees, but it was feasible. I know you guys can feel me, so I want to help you get your creative juices flowing and bring some extra income into your life. Grab your pen and paper so you can take notes.
4 Ways To Make Money From Home
- Have a garage sale. Look in your closets and pull out all those tons of shoes that you are probably not wearing; those outfits that still have tags on them. Stuff that you know you are no longer using, cash in on them. I promise you if you look long enough, I bet you got over three hundred worth of goods and stuff just sitting up catching dirt and dust. Remember, one man’s trash is another one’s treasure.
- Babysitting. Yep the kiddos are out for school and I know a few moms that would love to have a few hours to themselves. Please make sure its somebody you trust with your kids. The world have some Cra Cra people out there, so use discernment. You can even pet sit as well or house sitting. You never know until you ask.
3. Create an e-book on your expertise. For example, if you love to cook, sew, or have knowledge on specific topic. Cash in on your knowledge and expertise so that you can bring in some extra cash. If you need help with getting started with your e-book, click here!
4. Start your own business. Have you been sitting on a vision that God has shown you for years? Are you naturally great at something that brings you so much joy that you dream about it when you sleep? Ask yourself this question: “Who told you that you can’t follow your dreams”? Now, take it a step further and reach out to somebody who’s already in the entrepreneur industry for assistance. I will be more than happy to help you build a solid foundation for your business.
I hope these few tips will get your creative juices flowing so that you can begin to generate some additional income while being home taking care of your family. You don’t have to put your life or dreams on hold because of lack of funds. Take a chance on you and get creative so you can start to live your life on your own terms. What are some ideals that you have that could potentially make you money? Answer below