Hey moms, did you know that you have money secretly hiding in your homes? Well, let me tell you, it’s your kids. Your kids could be making money right this second. Your kids could be having a fortune right now. You never know what your kids can do if you don’t ask. I want to share five ways to make money with your kids. Continue reading “5 Ways Kids Can Make Money”
If you are struggling with making money whether it be at home or in your business, I can guarantee you that one of these mistakes might need to be eliminated. I hope you understand that you can have it all; success in life and business but you must first put some systems in place in order to make the transition. Being in business for almost eight years, I can tell you about all the mistakes I’ve made in business. But, I wouldn’t be here today, if I had thrown in the towel and quit. I always say, I”m going to fail my way to the top and I want to carry you right along with me.
Watch today’s video:
Love & Prosperity,
My journey as an entrepreneur started in 2009. I can’t begin to tell you how many times I wanted to quit and throw in the towel. It had got so bad at one point that I had started doubting what God had placed on the inside of me. I thought I was going to be working a 9-5 job forever and not be able to live my dreams. Thank God for second and third chances right? Along the way, I have made my share of mistakes and believe you me, I’m going to continue to fail my way to the top. One of my favorite quotes that I love to say is: “On your way up the success ladder, reach back and help someone else, so when I make it to the top, I won’t be alone”
Being a mompreneur has taught me a lot of valuable lessons along the way, but I wouldn’t have all of them without my mistakes/failures. Today, I want to share with you a few of them:
5 Mistakes New Entrepreneurs Make
- Not Gaining Clarity: See, I had this big old idea that I could sell to any and everybody. All I had on my agenda, early on, was to make money and make lots of it. Well, my little fantasy came crumbling down after my first year in business. I didn’t make crap, but oh honey I was in the -$3,000 on my tax return. I was so selfish as to not hire a coach to help me gain clarity because I had the notion that why would I give my money to a coach when I’m not even making money. One of the main reasons why you might not be making money in your business is because you don’t know who you are speaking to. I always say gain clarity and the money will follow.
- Not picking a niche: At that time, I didn’t know what a niche was and really frankly, I didn’t care. Again, all I wanted to do was make money at home so I could be with my kiddos. Childcare was killing us and I needed a way of escape. After a while, the word niche started chasing me and it became nerve wrecking. I knew I had to do something, otherwise, I was going to be doing the same thing the following year.
More related articles
- 5 Reasons why you are not making money
- How to make money on your blog
- 10 Must have tools for mompreneurs
- How to start a blog
- Giving away everything for free: I felt like in order for me to build the know like and trust factor, I had to let them test it before they buy it right? Wrong, it’s a limit to how much you should give away and not give away the whole cow. I was giving away three-tier diaper cakes and it was killing my pockets.
- Jack of all trades: You are doing too much. Yes, this week, you’re a jewelry designer, the next week, you are a life coach. This is exactly why gaining clarity is so important when you first start out. Because if you don’t have clarity, you will think you are talking to everybody when in reality, nobody hears you.
- Looking for Free stuff everywhere: At my earlier days, I was a google and youtube queen! I would stay up late nights and research and research and research until some nights I would end up sleeping in my office at the desk. I was so determined to find my answer, but guess what, it only led me to dead ends. No coach who has invested thousands of dollars, are going to give you a solution to your problem for free. I finally said enough was enough and I hired my first coach for $97 and believe me it was the greatest investment that I made. Not only was she a coach, but she was in the same industry as I was, so that was the icing on the cake.
I hope this article has been a blessing to you and that you are seriously taking a look at gaining clarity on who you are serving. Please share this with your family and friends because sharing is caring!
QUESTION: Are you clear on finding your targeted audience? Leave me a comment
I am a crafty gal at heart! My happy space is when I’m doing my crafts and for those of you who have been following me for a long time, you know that I started my first business The LaTersa Diaper Cakes™. When I began my journey in the gift business industry, I had no clue where to start. I began selling through my online store. Along the way, I got better and better at how to fully function as a gift business owner. Now, mind you I was the freebie queen and it took me a long time to realize that the questions I had in my head were not going to get answered from searching YouTube or Google. After my first year in business, I made a -$3,000 of my income return. It frustrated me so badly, that at that very moment, I made a decision to try something different. This was a turning point for me and was when I hired my first coach and the icing on the cake was that she was also in the gift business industry. Today, I want to take some time to share with you some of my favorite ways to make money with your crafts.
3 Ways To Make Money From Your Crafts
- You can sell your crafts at local craft shows. Usually, the fees include your admission to the show and your table. The highest I ever paid was fifty-five dollars. I must admit, my very first one was not so profitable, even though I made a little amount of money, I didn’t make a profit. You have to count up the cost of inventory and your fees to attend the event.
- Sell them to your family and friends. Everywhere you go, tell people about your gifts and what you have to offer. Remember, people won’t know what you have to offer or sell, if you don’t open your mouth.
- Sell them on online crafts sites. When I first started selling my diaper cakes, I opened a free shop on Bonanza and their fees are pretty reasonable. You pay once you make a sell.
I hope this post gets your creative juices flowing! Let me know some of the ways you are making money in your gift business. If you enjoyed this post, please share this with your family and friends.
QUESTION: Let me know some of the ways you are making money in your gift business.
Making money at home and in your business is the ultimate goal of why we are in the business in the first place. Moms want to be creative and be able to make money while taking care of their children. The biggest frustration that I hear about when I speak to moms is they are not making money in their business and then they end up not doing anything at all because it’s too painful. Majority of the time, moms always put themselves last and do without so that their kids can have what they need. I know all too well about how this feels because when I first began my first business, The LaTersa Diaper Cakes, I wasn’t making crap and when I tell you, I was broker than Peter and Paul put together, that would be an understatement! My first year in business, I was in the -$3,000.
I was so hurt that it almost made me throw in the towel early. See, what I learned is that you have to be willing to put in the work, even when you are not seeing the results that you desire. Here are five reasons why you are not making money whether it’s in your business or at home:
5 Reasons Why You Are Not Making Money
- You are not focused: You are trying to do too many things and when you are allowing yourself to become a jack of all trades, nothing sticks. You confuse people because one week, you are a jewelry maker and next week, you are a coach. If you need to gain clarity, don’t hesitate, do it today!
- Not promoting: If you keep all your products and services to yourself and never tell anybody, how can you expect anyone to know that you are a solution to their problem.
- You give up too quickly: Every time you hit a rough spot, you give up and start something else. You have to keep at it until you see the results that you want.
- Too proud: You don’t want anyone to know that you are struggling and you need help. Everybody needs help and coaching at some point in their career.
- Freebie queen: You think you will always find your solution on YouTube or Google. Here’s a newsflash for you; no one will ever give you everything for free. It’s time you give yourself permission to get answers to your questions. Another reason is you might be giving away your products for free all the time.
Before you decide to throw in the towel, hire a coach so you can skip the drama and gain the clarity that you need. I always say you are your biggest investment and until you gain clarity, you will continue to go down the same path and keep getting the same results. I hope this post has blessed you in some way or another. Please share this with your friends and family!
QUESTION: What has kept you stuck from making money in your business? Leave me a comment below
I have hand-picked a few more posts for you because if you loved this one, you will love these: