I want to share with you that we as moms, we have a ton of hats to wear and at times it can seem never ending. I can tell you from experience that it never seems to fail when I’m getting ready to get on the phone with a client or do some work in my business, my kids have so much to tell me or ask me. I can recall when they were younger, and I had just started my business, I had a particular interview on a mompreneur radio show and BOY oh boy oh boy, I was in my closet trying to do my interview, and I promise you, my little ones was tearing down the door trying to get in. Little fingers were under the door talking about: ” mommy can I come in, can I get a snack. Or how about screaming so loud that the callers heard them and said , now that’s a real mama. Actually, that is how I got the nickname: “Rockstar Mompreneur”. Continue reading “5 Ways To Keep Your Kiddos Occupied When Doing Work”
It is less than one day before it’s 2018 and I’ve made up my mind that I’m getting healthier! Can I be honest with you? This year has been super amazing and adventurous and not to mention starting a new journey in my life. I have got on track, then I fell off and I started working out, then a week later I quit. It’s something about when you turn forty! I remember the days when I would kill to workout and jog around the trail. Now, the thought of working out, makes me cringe at the stomach. I know you as busy moms, stay at home moms, or mompreneurs, can relate to this emotional roller coaster? Well, I have a few tips that you can try going into the new year: Sit back and have a glass of wine and get ready for something new!
5 Ways for busy moms to get healthier
- Get honest with yourself. The first thing to do is admit to yourself where you are on your health journey and figure out how you got to where you are. Now, this is not a time to beat yourself up, but it’s a time of reflection.
- Move your body. I’m not saying you need to run a marathon, but a simple jog around your neighborhood or a little jump roping might not be a bad idea.
- Eating healthier: I know those wings are hard to put down, but instead of frying them, try baking them with a little lemon pepper. I found this great deal on healthy meal planning and I can’t wait to dive into it. I thought you might be in need of some new and easy recipes! Grab your meal planning bundle here!
- Drink lots of water: I know you would rather have your coffee and soda, but at least make sure you get 8 glasses of water. My favorite way to drink water is by adding a few slices of lemon in it.
- Put you on the calendar. We as moms get so busy taking care of others that we leave ourselves out of the equations. Start your new year off right with a new discovery of things you enjoy doing
I hope these few tips get you going in the right direction in the new year. Let me know some tips you will be incorporating into your life in the new year.
BONUS: If you purchase the healthy meal planning, I will gift you a FREE copy of my Extreme Couponing Ebook so you can learn how to coupon and get more healthy foods! Learn about the ebook here!
QUESTION: What will you be doing to become a healthier version of yourself?
Disclaimer: Some affiliate links are used throughout this post and other posts on the mommy maven’s blog.
Can you believe that we are less than three weeks away until 2018? I don’t know about you but it seems as if this year just came and went. One minute it was January and now we are in December. I have had an amazing year and not to mention, I joined the forties club a few weeks ago. Business for me this year has been one heck of a year and I’m now spending my days preparing for the upcoming new year.
During this time, it’s important that we take some time to reflect on the things that we are grateful for via it personal or business related. What you thank about, God brings more of it. So, I wanted to shed some light on this thing called preparation and getting your business in alignment with your goals.
3 Steps To Prepare Your Business For The New Year
- Get crystal clear: You need clarity on the moves and process you will take in order to accomplish your goals for your business.
- Figure out what didn’t work for you and eliminate it from your business plans
- Put systems in place. You need systems in place in order to help you stay visible and functional even if you are not physically present.
I hope these steps help you in your process of preparing for your new year in business.
QUESTION: I want to know how you are getting ready. Comment on this Post:
If you haven’t heard already, Instagram is the hotness right now and I don’t think they are going away anytime soon! When starting your business online, you need to choose a platform on social media that’s right for you and not spread yourself too thin. Today, I’m going to share with you a few quick tips to help you get started on Instagram.
4 Tips To Succeed On Instagram
- Be your authentic self. Even though people can’t see you in the flesh, it’s very easy for people and your tribe to tell when you are being fake. Here is the thing, God made you so unique and if you knew just how awesome you are, you wouldn’t be so concerned with trying to mimic someone else.
- Create amazing images. Don’t just throw up any old thing. Remember, this is your brand and it represents you and what you stand for.
- Be consistent. Pick out a time frame of how often you will post. My recommendations would be to figure out when your audience is online and post accordingly. Posting three times per day is a great start.
- Engage with your followers. If they take the time to comment on your post, the least you could do is respond back with a thank you. Don’t be selfish or so self-absorbed that you ignore those who admire and engage with you.
I hope these tips help you build your Instagram page up to an engaging and fun page! Let me know some of your favorite tips that have helped you on Instagram.
QUESTION: Are you on Instagram? If so drop your name below so I can show you some love. You can follow me on Instagram at @mommiemaven
The end of the year is less than two weeks away. Everybody is either just starting their Christmas shopping or wrapping things up with final purchases. I don’t know about you, but I get a kick out of getting ready for the new year. And today I want to share with you briefly my top 3 things you must do before the new year rolls around.
5 Things Every Mompreneur Must Do Before The End of The Year
1) Tie up loose ends. Meaning, complete your projects that have been lingering around the home office. Finish up your shopping for equipment whether it be home or business. One thing you don’t want to do is carry old unfinished projects into the new year.
2) Balance your books. If you handle your own books, now is a great time to do so or if you have an accountant. Going into the new year with the numbers of what you achieved in 2014, will give you a great view of how things went and what things worked for your business and what didn’t.
3) Purchase your last items for business. This time of the year is one of my favorites because I get to invest with some amazing business products that will help propel me into higher debths in the new year. Get this, you can write these off on your taxes. Any donations you might have made during the year can be deductions for your taxes.
4) Review your Goals for 2017. Review them to see what you accomplished and what gave you the most return on your investments. Find out what worked best for you and do more of that in the upcoming year. As far as the things that didn’t work, eliminate those.
5) Set some new & smart goals. Yes, you will never experience success with just hoping and wishing and praying. You need to set some goals and put some action steps into place so that you set yourself up to excel and exceed your wildest expectations. If you need help with getting clear on your goals and setting a plan of action, Click here and let’s chat!
I do hope these few steps will get your creative juices flowing so that you will bring in the new year with a bang. If these steps have been helpful to you, please feel free to share them with your friends and family.
QUESTION: How do you prepare for the new year? Leave me a comment below: