I have been a work from home mama since 2009 and I have learned a few things along my journey. The thing I want you to really understand about working at home is you have to do what works best for your household and not worry about what anyone else has to say. When I first started my journey to being a stay at home mom, I was a freshly new wife and mom and boy let me tell you, I wasn’t ready as I thought I would be with two toddlers on my hip and a very outgoing hubby. I had watched my mom growing up as a kid, handle motherhood and marriage like a pro, so in my mind, I said I got this. No one told my little brain that it would be a ton and ton of work. FYI, anything worth having, you have to fight and do the work. At the time, I was working as an Administrative Assistant at a local hospital barely making ends meet, and to think of it, I think I was just making minimum wage. Now, don’t get me wrong, I was grateful because I was able to contribute to our monthly household bills. Continue reading “5 Benefits Of Working From Home-Work From Home”
I’ve been talking about how to make money at home since my kiddos were in diapers.
Around the time I started my entrepreneurial journey, I had two babies, a new husband, and an assistant secretary job at a local hospital where I was barely making ends meet.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Then a couple of years ago, I really got serious about finding more ways to make extra money.
Making extra money can change your family’s lifestyle and livelihood that will give you the freedom to:
- Pay off those credit card bills
- Pay off your car note
- Help you build up your emergency fund
- Purchase a new home
- Take regular family vacations
- Pay off those student loans and so much more
If you are wondering “How to make extra money?” then let’s get this party started.
Related posts on how to make extra money
- 20 Work at home jobs
- 45 more ways to make extra money
- 5 ways to make money from your crafts
- 5 Steps to start selling your crafts as a business
- 6 Freelance professions that allow you to work from home
- How to make money with your blog
Start A Side Business — 30 Ways to Make Extra Money
Starting a business can be an easy way to make extra money especially when you are doing something you love.
- Start your business today. While I was working as an administrative assistant, I started my business on the side and started generating income right away selling my diaper cakes. This is how I started making money from home. You can grab best tools to starting your business here. You can start your business for under $100 bucks and I show you how to get started with your business in my FREE 7-Day Business startup mini course below:
2. Babysit. You can babysit your neighbor’s kids or family member. I recommend you try care.com because when my children were smaller, we would get babysitters from them. They do background checks on all their employees.
3. Drive for Uber. You can get paid to be like a taxi cab for people. Why not earn extra money just taking people to their destination. Get signed up with Uber here!
4. Have yard sales. Any gently or unused items lying around your house. You can check your local papers. Sometimes they have neighborhood garage and yard sales.
5. Have a bake sale. If you love to cook, sell your pies and cookies.
6. Teach online. You can sign up at VIPKid.com You can teach for 7 hours or so twice per week or as many hours as you like.
7. Teach at your local community college. If you have a degree in a certain field, put your degree to work.
8. Clean houses. Believe it or not, you will be surprised at how much other moms just need a break. You can sign up at care.com and find homes that need to be cleaned and some of them start at $25/hour. So if you do maybe 3 hours at 4 hours that’s an extra $300 that you can add to your savings account. This is one of the easiest ways to make money from home!
9. Pet sit. Do you love animals? House sit your neighbor’s pets while they are out of town. You can find jobs at care.com and pick the one that’s right for you.
10. Do hair on the side. Do you love doing hair? braiding, relaxers, etc. Get paid for your talents. I remember growing up as a kid, my friends, and mama used to pay me to do their hair. I use to bring in about $200 every month.
12. Web designer. Love designing websites? make extra money doing that. You can sell your services on a site called Fiverr.com and start earning money right away once your account is approved. I must admit, I have used fiverr.com for years in my business.
13. Rent out a spare bedroom. Have extra room, rent out a room for a college student. You can list an ad on Craigslist about the room that you have for rent. Post it and check back. We have bought furniture and just about everything off of craigslist and have sold a ton of stuff as well.
14. Detail & wash cars. I don’t know about you, but I will gladly pay $20 bucks to wash my jeep.
Find A Part-Time Job To Make Extra Money
15. Work a call center job at home. I have worked with several companies in the past. You can find out the top work at home jobs here.
16. Work at fast food restaurants. Places like Wendys, McDonald’s, and Burger kings are always hiring.
17. A part-time job at retail stores. Jcpenneys, Target, and Ross are some to name a few.
18. Home Nurses Aide. You can check Care.com and your local area for places hiring CNAs and personal aides. You can find all types of jobs via this site. Babysitting, pet sitting, housecleaning and so much more.
19. Makeup Artist. If you love makeup, you can teach makeup tutorials/workshops, or you can work in stores like Ulta, Nordstrom, and Mac cosmetics.
20. Event planner. Love and have an eye for details? Host parties and plan weddings.
21. Clip and teach people how to coupon. If you love to coupon and know it really well, teach classes and you can even get paid to shop for other people. If you are new to couponing, grab my Extreme couponing course here!
22. Shop online through ebates. Since you are already shopping online, gain some cash back. you can sign up via my affiliate link here!
23. My Resources page. You can always check out my resource page with all my favorite tools and sites that I love to use in my business and life.
It is less than one day before it’s 2018 and I’ve made up my mind that I’m getting healthier! Can I be honest with you? This year has been super amazing and adventurous and not to mention starting a new journey in my life. I have got on track, then I fell off and I started working out, then a week later I quit. It’s something about when you turn forty! I remember the days when I would kill to workout and jog around the trail. Now, the thought of working out, makes me cringe at the stomach. I know you as busy moms, stay at home moms, or mompreneurs, can relate to this emotional roller coaster? Well, I have a few tips that you can try going into the new year: Sit back and have a glass of wine and get ready for something new!
5 Ways for busy moms to get healthier
- Get honest with yourself. The first thing to do is admit to yourself where you are on your health journey and figure out how you got to where you are. Now, this is not a time to beat yourself up, but it’s a time of reflection.
- Move your body. I’m not saying you need to run a marathon, but a simple jog around your neighborhood or a little jump roping might not be a bad idea.
- Eating healthier: I know those wings are hard to put down, but instead of frying them, try baking them with a little lemon pepper. I found this great deal on healthy meal planning and I can’t wait to dive into it. I thought you might be in need of some new and easy recipes! Grab your meal planning bundle here!
- Drink lots of water: I know you would rather have your coffee and soda, but at least make sure you get 8 glasses of water. My favorite way to drink water is by adding a few slices of lemon in it.
- Put you on the calendar. We as moms get so busy taking care of others that we leave ourselves out of the equations. Start your new year off right with a new discovery of things you enjoy doing
I hope these few tips get you going in the right direction in the new year. Let me know some tips you will be incorporating into your life in the new year.
BONUS: If you purchase the healthy meal planning, I will gift you a FREE copy of my Extreme Couponing Ebook so you can learn how to coupon and get more healthy foods! Learn about the ebook here!
QUESTION: What will you be doing to become a healthier version of yourself?
Disclaimer: Some affiliate links are used throughout this post and other posts on the mommy maven’s blog.
The end of the year is less than two weeks away. Everybody is either just starting their Christmas shopping or wrapping things up with final purchases. I don’t know about you, but I get a kick out of getting ready for the new year. And today I want to share with you briefly my top 3 things you must do before the new year rolls around.
5 Things Every Mompreneur Must Do Before The End of The Year
1) Tie up loose ends. Meaning, complete your projects that have been lingering around the home office. Finish up your shopping for equipment whether it be home or business. One thing you don’t want to do is carry old unfinished projects into the new year.
2) Balance your books. If you handle your own books, now is a great time to do so or if you have an accountant. Going into the new year with the numbers of what you achieved in 2014, will give you a great view of how things went and what things worked for your business and what didn’t.
3) Purchase your last items for business. This time of the year is one of my favorites because I get to invest with some amazing business products that will help propel me into higher debths in the new year. Get this, you can write these off on your taxes. Any donations you might have made during the year can be deductions for your taxes.
4) Review your Goals for 2017. Review them to see what you accomplished and what gave you the most return on your investments. Find out what worked best for you and do more of that in the upcoming year. As far as the things that didn’t work, eliminate those.
5) Set some new & smart goals. Yes, you will never experience success with just hoping and wishing and praying. You need to set some goals and put some action steps into place so that you set yourself up to excel and exceed your wildest expectations. If you need help with getting clear on your goals and setting a plan of action, Click here and let’s chat!
I do hope these few steps will get your creative juices flowing so that you will bring in the new year with a bang. If these steps have been helpful to you, please feel free to share them with your friends and family.
QUESTION: How do you prepare for the new year? Leave me a comment below:
As long as you are living and breathing, there will be trials and obstacles that we have to face. Let’s just be honest, we are not going to walk this earth and have nothing happen to us. God had all kinds of bad things to happen to him, and all he did was love everybody. I’m almost 40 years old and when I tell you I have had my share of hiccups, that would be an understatement. Being a young gal from the deep south, I was raised in a very small town where everybody knows each other and most of us are related. Well, here is the downfall of that, too many people have their opinion of you and what you should be doing and who you should be doing it with. Can you relate?
As a young girl, I struggled with my esteem and self-worth. I searched for everything and everybody to make me feel worthy of the good in life. I tried to over-compensate for my lack of self-esteem by being an all American cheerleader, captain of the team, honor roll student, church girl, the nice girl always making others feel good about themselves. Well, how many of you know that whatever you don’t deal with will always keep stalking and chasing you?
When life happened to me, it nearly killed me to the point where all I wanted to do was meet my heavenly father. I was in so much pain and experiencing heartache after heartache, that I needed something or someone to numb the pain. It wasn’t until I got sick and tired of myself and got up and did something about it. Back in 2012, I wrote and published my first book and oh boy was I scared out of my mind. I thought people are really going to be talking now. They are going to think I’m a nut basket. Here’s what I learned from writing my very first book:
5 Reasons Why YOu Should Share Your Story
- You have to totally heal from your pain: A lot of stuff that I shared in my first book, I wouldn’t have been so detailed and graphics. I realized even after I published it, that I still had some hidden pain. Even though I had healed in most of the areas, it was still some things stuck to me like glue.
- Someone else’s breakthrough is tied to your story: If you keep your testimony to yourself, you are being selfish and keeping that next person from experience peace and joy like you.
- Your pain is not about you: I learned that it was not about me even though it pained me to death and it hurt like hell. I still had questions for God like why me.
- You will heal by helping others: God allowed you to live to tell your story of how you overcame your situation. As long as you still have breathed in your lungs, there is always somebody else out there who is or have gone through the same thing you have.
- Profit from your story: You can tell your story better than anybody. So why not write your book and tell of the goodness of the lord and how he blessed you to overcome. Not everybody lives to tell their story. Don’t die with your story on the inside of you. If you are ready to write your story, click on the image below.
QUESTION: Are you ready to share your story with the world? Comment below