Making money as a Virtual Assistant is one of the best ways to make money from home. Hiring a virtual assistant is one of the ongoing things that mompreneurs and entrepreneurs do very often. I must say being an entrepreneur is a busy job to do and handling the back end of my business is something that I really don’t like doing. I made a commitment to myself in 2018 that I would not try to do everything in my business. My motto is stick to what I love doing best and that is teaching and speaking (motivating others) and let my VA handle the rest.
Before you dive full body into doing your business full time as a VA, I would suggest you take it slowly. Start out as a side business or maybe you are still working your 9-5 job and just want to test the water out. That would be my best recommendation. I will warn you that you should do your homework and search reputable companies that are hiring virtual assistants before you start handing over your resume.
Another word of advice, know what you can and cannot do is so very key. Make sure you have a great understanding of what the business owner needs are. I have had some bad experiences with VAs who on social media brag about what they can do and then I hired them and their work was horrible, so be careful.
5 Ways to make money as a Virtual Assistant
- Pinterest Virtual Assistant: You can make a good amount of money as a Pinterest Virtual Assistant because Pinterest seems to be the new hotness lately. You can schedule out your client’s pins, and create Pinterest boards and help keep their Pinterest boards relevant and up to date. You can schedule your boards on either Tailwind, Buffer
- Social Media Managment: You can do things like managing their social media pages on all their platforms, answer back to their fan’s and followers questions on sites including Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram and etc. You can schedule their tweets and post to their sites and manage their groups and communities. Use third-party apps like Buffer apps and Hootesuite
- Blog Managment: You can post articles on their blogs and websites. Clean up and update old blog posts. Make sure all their links to their blog posts are accurate and correct. Make sure their plugin and things are updated and working properly. Also, make sure they are using SEO keywords so they can rank in the search engine. What good is having a blog full of great content if nobody knows about it?
- Customer Service VA: This one will be great if you are a people’s person. You can answer the business calls during business hours. Email their clients and answer their questions. Follow up with clients who are in various coaching programs and help manage the owner’s calendar.
- Email Marketing VA: Maybe you are good at writing emails and setting up various campaigns, you can be responsible for sending out emails and creating various ways for their fans and clients to stay in touch with them.
- Technical VA: Now this one is a big one! If you love all things techy, you will love updating their websites and social media platforms with elegant banners and designs according to their theme and color scheme. If anything goes wrong with their blog/website, you can quickly solve their problem.
Some helpful resources for Virtual Assistants
- How to run a profitable virtual assistant business
- Benefits of being a virtual assistant
- How to make money on your blog
- 45 ways to make money
- 30 ways to make extra money
I hope this post is helpful to you! Would you do me a favor and share this with your mommy friends and family?