I have been a work from home mama since 2009 and I have learned a few things along my journey. The thing I want you to really understand about working at home is you have to do what works best for your household and not worry about what anyone else has to say. When I first started my journey to being a stay at home mom, I was a freshly new wife and mom and boy let me tell you, I wasn’t ready as I thought I would be with two toddlers on my hip and a very outgoing hubby. I had watched my mom growing up as a kid, handle motherhood and marriage like a pro, so in my mind, I said I got this. No one told my little brain that it would be a ton and ton of work. FYI, anything worth having, you have to fight and do the work. At the time, I was working as an Administrative Assistant at a local hospital barely making ends meet, and to think of it, I think I was just making minimum wage. Now, don’t get me wrong, I was grateful because I was able to contribute to our monthly household bills. Continue reading “5 Benefits Of Working From Home-Work From Home”
Making money at home and in your business is the ultimate goal of why we are in the business in the first place. Moms want to be creative and be able to make money while taking care of their children. The biggest frustration that I hear about when I speak to moms is they are not making money in their business and then they end up not doing anything at all because it’s too painful. Majority of the time, moms always put themselves last and do without so that their kids can have what they need. I know all too well about how this feels because when I first began my first business, The LaTersa Diaper Cakes, I wasn’t making crap and when I tell you, I was broker than Peter and Paul put together, that would be an understatement! My first year in business, I was in the -$3,000.
I was so hurt that it almost made me throw in the towel early. See, what I learned is that you have to be willing to put in the work, even when you are not seeing the results that you desire. Here are five reasons why you are not making money whether it’s in your business or at home:
5 Reasons Why You Are Not Making Money
- You are not focused: You are trying to do too many things and when you are allowing yourself to become a jack of all trades, nothing sticks. You confuse people because one week, you are a jewelry maker and next week, you are a coach. If you need to gain clarity, don’t hesitate, do it today!
- Not promoting: If you keep all your products and services to yourself and never tell anybody, how can you expect anyone to know that you are a solution to their problem.
- You give up too quickly: Every time you hit a rough spot, you give up and start something else. You have to keep at it until you see the results that you want.
- Too proud: You don’t want anyone to know that you are struggling and you need help. Everybody needs help and coaching at some point in their career.
- Freebie queen: You think you will always find your solution on YouTube or Google. Here’s a newsflash for you; no one will ever give you everything for free. It’s time you give yourself permission to get answers to your questions. Another reason is you might be giving away your products for free all the time.
Before you decide to throw in the towel, hire a coach so you can skip the drama and gain the clarity that you need. I always say you are your biggest investment and until you gain clarity, you will continue to go down the same path and keep getting the same results. I hope this post has blessed you in some way or another. Please share this with your friends and family!
QUESTION: What has kept you stuck from making money in your business? Leave me a comment below
I have hand-picked a few more posts for you because if you loved this one, you will love these:
About three years ago, I had my big break with getting a call center job at home. Since having over five years of call center experience, I thought I would give it try. As you know i’ve been working from home about eight years now, with occasionally re-entering back into the work force. I must say it was super exciting finally being able to work at home. Now, that my kiddos are in school now, I figured I would try my hand at it, now that my home is pretty much quiet for a few hours during the day and sometimes, I would work in the early part of the morning before waking them for school.
5 Call Center Companies You Can Work For At Home
- ACD Direct. This one was one of my favorites of all time. I did get a lot of hours with them, but mainly worked in the late hours. The customer service people were very nice. The only reason why i’m not working for them now is because where I am the internet service sucks and if you can’t get good call quality, you can easily get written up. As long as you give them a head of time notice, they will excuse your shift.
- Call Center Q/A. I worked with them for a bit as well, and you get paid $5 per call you make. It’s kind of like being a mystery shopper. You call like you are going to purchase their product or service. They also have a referral program, that pays you $5 for each referral but at this time, they are not doing that.
- ARC Call Performance Solution: I did a few mystery shopping calls for them, but I didn’t get steady work
- Secret Shopper. If you love shopping then you will love being a mystery shopper. I can share with you all my tips and tricks at Mystery Shopping 101. You can even get paid to take trips to Disney World and go on dates with your husband. Go ahead give it a try!
- Talk2rep. A few of my mommy friends worked for this company.
I hope these companies lead you to your next work at home job opportunity. I’m congratulating you in advance! One last thing, you will need a great headphone set that has great reception and noise free control. I will share with you the top two that I used and loved. You will not regret this investment. And a lot of the companies require this phone set.
I hope you guys all had an amazing Labor Day Weekend and you enjoyed spending time with your loved ones. Well, today is the first of the fourth quarter and you know what that means; you only have 3 more months left in this year. Some of you might be looking for ways to make some extra money for the holidays and I want to give you three ways that you can begin to do that now.
This time of the year could be a great way to make extra money and stash it in your emergency fund. I always say don’t break your pocketbooks trying to get everybody in the world a gift.
Disclaimer: Affiliate links might be used. But please know that I will only share with you products and services that I love.
4 Ways to Make Money During The Holidays
1) Become A Telephone Mystery Shopper. You are probably saying LaTersa, what the heck is this? Well, it is very simple and all you do is, take a 6-minute phone call and afterward do a call evaluation. Simple right, that’s it and guess what, it’s free to join and all you need to do is fill out the registration form and wait to receive your welcome email with the test call. It pays $5 per call and you can also make an additional stream of revenue by referring others and make $5 per referral. I share more ways to make money with mystery shopping in my ebook. Learn more now!
2) Become a Paparazzi Jewelry Representative. Yep, if you love fashion jewelry, then you can not only purchase it for $5, but you can sell it as well. Get details here!
3) Publish & Sell Your Ebooks. If you love to write and you have a skill that you would love sharing information about; why not write and publish your own ebooks and start selling them and make a profit. Write yours in just a weekend, it’s that simple. Grab your course now!
4) Sell Your T-Shirts. If you have t-shirts or mommy mugs for your audience, then bundle them up together to make a cute little gift set and start selling them. A great way to bring in some extra money. You can set up you a Shopify shopping cart and before you know it, you will start bringing in the extra cash. Check it out now!
I hope these couple of ideas will give you some lead way on how you can begin right now making easy money from the comfort of your home. If you need help with putting together a plan for you to make money from home, Click here and schedule your clarity session with me. If this post has been helpful to you, will you share it with your friends and family?
QUESTION: What ways have you been making money from home, leave me a comment in the box below.
Grab this kindle and crush your sales on Black Friday!