This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission) at zero cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details..
Work From Home Jobs- Huge List of 40+ Non-Phone Jobs
Are you tired of being on the phone at home? Do you wish that you could find a non-phone job that you can do from home? I know exactly how you feel! I’ve been doing work at home call center type jobs for several years now and I have gotten to that point where I would rather do something that does not require me to be on the phone. So if you feel like I feel, I know this post is going to really bless you.
I started my work from home journey back in 2009 and I can tell you right now that I have tried just about everything that you can think of to make money from home.
So early on, when my children were in diapers and pull up, I wanted to be home with them but I also wanted to make some money too. The easiest way for me to make some money at home on a consistent basis was always the customer service rep positions.
I know you are tired of applying for work at home jobs that require “no noise background”. If you have young children or even pets, right off the bat, on the phone jobs will not work. I have created a list of non-phone job opportunities for you today. I included a short description of each position.
Do You Need A Landline To Work From Home?
The answer is Yes and No. With these non-phone jobs that I’m listing today, you don’t need that. All you need is high-speed internet, a laptop/computer, and workspace. But, with most work at home jobs, to get your foot in the door, is with the customer service representative on phone types.
Data Entry Work From Home Non-Phone Jobs
Now, these types of jobs allow you to transfer data from one resource to the next. Please keep in mind that these jobs are to help you make some extra money. It is not going to pay your mortgage. Most of the companies that I’m sharing with you are entry-level positions.
Virtual Assistant: Small business owners are always looking to outsource some of their administrative tasks. This will be a perfect non-phone job for you. It really all depends on what your skills are and what you are willing to do.
Gina Horkey offers 150+ ways to make money as a virtual assistant. It’s always a good idea to learn from someone else who is doing what you desire. Grab them HERE
Related virtual assistant posts that will help..
- 5 Ways to make money as a virtual assistant
- How to run a profitable VA Business
- Benefits of being a virtual assistant
Amazon Turk: They hire in the US and some other countries as well. Now with them, you are mostly doing short tasks and once you sign up with them, just put in the search area, data entry. You read about Amazon Turk Review here.
TTEC: They hire in the US and they mostly hire for phone customer service types of positions. But occasionally, they do have data entry jobs or Quality assurance jobs. They tend to fill these positions quickly, so when you see them, go ahead and apply.
SigTrack: US-based. You help with voter registration. You are hired as an independent contractor. Most of these types of jobs are just for extra money. You are paid via Paypal every week.
The Smart Crowd: Open to people worldwide. You get paid per task you complete.
Dion Data Solutions: Only hire in the US. Right now they are not hiring, but it’s another resource to keep in mind.
I highly recommend you sign up with Flexjobs to find more data entry types of jobs. Its 100% Scam Free work at home jobs and I used them personally for my work at home job opportunities. It’s the only Job board I use.
Want to get 50% off your subscription right now? use promo code: JOBS at checkout.
Work From Home Transcription Jobs
To be a good transcriptionist, you have to be detail-oriented and love spotting grammar and editing errors. With transcription work from home jobs, the easy way to get your foot in the door is through General Transcription jobs.
As a transcriptionist, you listen to audio tasks and transcribe them.
Please be mindful that these types of non-phone jobs will not give you financial stability especially if you’re only working with one company. You have to do multiple tasks and then you have to understand that they are not always hiring. Most of these companies hire you as an independent contractor, so you are not a W-2 employee.
I always say make sure you have multiple ways of generating income because when the job is complete, you still need to pay your bills.
They offer full time or part-time positions and allows you to work as little or much as you want.
Most of these jobs require you to successfully pass a pre-screen test so keep that in mind.
- Appen: They hire transcribers nationwide for part-time and full-time jobs.
- Flexjobs: This is a paid membership site where they hire for remotely, freelancing, and other work at home jobs.
- Rev.com: They hire freelance Transcribers worldwide. The pay ranges from $0.35-$0.65 per audio minute.
- Transcribe. me: per their website, the starting pay ranges from $15-$22 per audio hour. Transcribers with back-ground in the medical and legal industry earn a higher salary.
- Scribie: The pay ranges from $5-$25 per audio hour. They offer transcription for business, health, and other industries.
- Tigerfish: They only hire in the U.S for transcribers
- Speechpad – Hires transcribers nationwide. According to their site, transcribers can make .25 – $2.50 per audio minute.
- Verbal Ink – They offer medical, legal, and market research transcription and they hire nationwide.
- Fiverr, Upwork and Freelancer also have transcription jobs. You can negotiate your prices with your potential clients
Not sure if you are ready to do transcription work? I recommend the Jump Start Your General Transcription Career eBook. This ebook provides you with the basics of getting started with your transcription new career.
If you prefer hands-on experience and love step by step visuals, Janet Shaughnessy of Transcribe Anywhere has a great course. The mini-course offers 7 FREE lessons to help better prepare you with the skills and tools you need to be a profitable and successful transcriptionist.
Freelance Work From Home Writing Jobs
Freelance writing is another great flexible work from home job to start. You don’t have to have a degree or any experience to get going and there is no startup cost.
The majority of the list below are low paying gigs, but it’s a great start to get some practice while working as a freelancer. But, if you get serious and start your own business, you will make a whole lot more money.
- The Hoth: Open to all US except for California. They pay up to $17/hour. You get paid every Monday via Paypal
- The Content Panel: In order to get hired by them, you will need to be a native English speaker. It’s open to the US and they get paid every Monday via Paypal. There is no specific amount of thresh-hold to receive your money.
- FlexJobs Now, this job board is where I have found most of my work from home jobs. Flexjobs is a platform that shares with its members all the latest work from home and remote jobs on the market. They take all the guess-work out of your search for work from home jobs.
- Proofreading jobs can vary based on the criteria of the job opening. Make sure you read all the fine print and the qualifications so you can pick the best jobs for you. Searching on this job board will allow you to be less likely to run into scams. You can find proofreading jobs on their site here! All the jobs on here are screen and checked for scams before they are approved to be on the site. There is a membership fee of $14.95 per month to join, but if you use my code: JOBS, you can save 50% OFF.
- Upwork offers a variety of freelance editing and proofreading jobs. You will need to sign up for a free account and write your profile. The site is very user friendly. You can search for jobs based on pay and ratings. You can also post your jobs so others can know you are a proofreader and taking on new clients.
- Proofreadingservices.com They offer full-time and part-time virtual proofreading jobs on their site. You can do this from your kitchen table or the beach if you want to. The hours are flexible, so you can set your own hours. You will need to pass a 20-minutes screening test to be accepted. The pay ranges from $19 and up depending on the turnaround time.
- Fiverr works simular to UpWorks. You can sign up for a profile and start making money. You post the types of jobs you are interested in doing and go from there. With this, again, you can work as much or as little as you would like. You set your own hours and you can pretty much do this anywhere. As long as you have high-speed internet and a great laptop, you can always do this type of work.
- Talent, Inc.: They help job seekers improve their resumes, cover letters, and Linkedin profiles. They are also known to help with networking and finding jobs for individuals looking for new work.
- Study.com: This company hires a lot of contract-based teachers to teach. Again this will be perfect because it offers flexible schedules and a competitive salary.
Proofreading & Editing Work From Home Jobs
Editing and proofreading are other flexible work at home jobs you can try.
Most of these companies require you to have a college degree. With these companies, before applying, it’s best that you have some prior experience or they won’t hire you.
A proofreader is someone who can spot an error from a mile away. An editor basically makes sure your document is structured correctly.
- Scribendi They hire people globally. You can set your own hours and work as much as you want to. With this company, you have to have a degree and at least three years of editing experience. You need to be able to proofread 1000-1500 word documents within an hour and have high-speed internet. You also have to pass a screening test as well. The pay ranges according to the size of the editing job.
- Scribbr: Opened to the US. They pay you via Paypal
- Gramlee: Occasionally they offer remote proofreading and editing positions
- Cactus: They are always offering freelance editing and proofreading work
If you need to freshen up your skills or learn more about proofreading before you get started, this FREE webinar might help you.
Please know that you will make more money by starting your own business and getting private clients.
Making Deliveries & Running Errands
Running errands and making deliveries are a great way to earn you some quick cash. You can earn up to $17/hour but, please keep in mind that you have to factor in Wear and tear on your vehicle and gas and mileage.
To make really good money doing these types of jobs, I recommend you work with multiple companies.
You can set your own hours and work as much as time will allow you.
- Shipt: You can be a grocery shopper and deliver foods to people in your community. You can earn as much as $22/hour but realistically like $10 per hour.
- Instacart: You can grocery shop for people who request it and deliver it to their homes. There are two options to choose from: one is you have to have a car and the other types of deliveries don’t require it. You get paid weekly.
- Doordash: You can get paid to pick up food orders from local restaurants and fast food places.
Social Media Online Work From Home Jobs
Social Media Manager: Now this one, if you love social media, you can manage other small business owner’s social media platforms and all sorts of things. A little FYI, only offer services that you love to do.
You will make a great social media manager if you have a very courteous and polite customer service skills but know how to take charge. If you a familiar with working on various social sites, this will be a fun one for you.
The social Element: Pay rates are competitive and on avg, some people say that they earn up to $15/hour. But do your research.
ICUC: This company prefers candidates that speak multiple languages. They pay $10 per hour starting out. Open worldwide.
Personal Stylist Work at Home Jobs
You can do these types of tasks in your free time. If you love style then start offering your services. You can find some remote jobs at
Online Chat Agent Work From Home Jobs
These positions work like phone customer service reps except you are helping customers via email or chat. This works out perfectly for me because I’m exhausted from being on the phone. A few companies below that hire these types of positions:
- Appens (Formerly known as LeapForce) The pay starts at $13/hour and its like a search engine type of company.
- The Chat Shop: Now if you are really ready to leave the phone, being a live chat agent is definitely where you want to go. They are hiring now and the pay starts at $10 per hour. Now you will have to pass an assessment and have a phone interview for this position.
Internet Researcher Non-Phone Jobs
Other posts that will help you
- 10 Companies that are hiring moms
- 10 Companies that pay hourly
- 10 Things I’ve done to make money at home
Please keep in mind when you’re thinking about non-phone jobs from home or anything like that, please make sure you do extra research to make sure the companies that you decide to go with are a great fit for you. Read the reviews because you want to make sure it’s the best for you. I highly recommend you use when looking for your work from home jobs besides the Mommy mavens is flex jobs.
I’ve been using them for years and have actually had three or four jobs from them so they are legitimate. Their team is great and they work around the clock finding you legitimate jobs. But still, it’s going to take some effort on your part to research to make sure it’s a good fit for you, and just for signing up you can use my code JOBS and get 50% off your membership. It’s well worth it!
Non-Phone Jobs Conclusion: I hope one of these non-phone job opportunities I presented to you today will work out for you and if you know someone else who is looking for the non-phone type of jobs, make sure you share this with your friends and family! You never know who may be looking for the same thing that you are looking for. (Originally posted on March 9, 2020; Updated on May 5, 2020)
QUESTION: What types of non-phone jobs have you done in the past? LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW: